Solved

E-mails cannot be sent

• 6 June 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello dear community,

For some time now we have had the problem that offers, booking confirmations etc. can no longer be sent via Mews if the recipient's e-mail has its own domain, for example a company e-mail address. We then receive the error “550 5.7.1 Recipients have complained about included content (B-URL)”. We now also have templates without a link in the email where the error is still displayed. Does anyone else have this and have an idea what we can do?

Thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by marc agilotel 6 June 2024, 08:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Stefan

Check in Mews under Settings - Property - Guest Experience - SenderAddress the value field of the CNAME entries (most probably something.sendgrid.net)

If it is Sendgrind, make sure you have a SPF record in your own domain service (DNS server) that includes Sendgrid. Something like v=spf1 include:sendgrid.net -all. This will tell recipients that you trust Sendgrid to send out emails on your behalf.

Be careful when manipulating SPF records, as it could lead to bigger troubles with mail sending when done wrongly, and better ask your domain service provider for help if unsure.

Make sure
- to only have one record entry in the DNS server per domain, never multiples
- to use one of the many free SPF check websites on the web to check the record afterwards (f.e. https://www.spf-record.de/spf-lookup)

Best, Marc

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Stefan have you tried to create a fake booking with your private email address? Is it working there? 

Have you checked if only specific customers do not receive it? 

Check: Burger menu - queues - mail 

adjust date and time and check the status.

Best

Mariusz

Userlevel 1

Hi Mariusz,
thanks for your reply.
I have a private Icloud e-mail address. However, the addresses are not affected. Any email address from the “big” domains like Google, Icloud, gmx etc. can be sent. However, as soon as the guest has their own domain, which is not @icloud.com, @googlemail.com etc., but e.g. @arztpraxis-muller.de. @arztpraxis-muller.de, then the above-mentioned error code appears and the mail is not sent. 
I hope you understand what I mean.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Stefan have you tried to create a fake booking with your private email address? Is it working there? 

Have you checked if only specific customers do not receive it? 

Check: Burger menu - queues - mail 

adjust date and time and check the status.

Best

Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,
thanks for your reply.
I have a private Icloud e-mail address. However, the addresses are not affected. Any email address from the “big” domains like Google, Icloud, gmx etc. can be sent. However, as soon as the guest has their own domain, which is not @icloud.com, @googlemail.com etc., but e.g. @arztpraxis-muller.de. @arztpraxis-muller.de, then the above-mentioned error code appears and the mail is not sent. 
I hope you understand what I mean.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Stefan,

I can see your colleague opened a case with support, I am monitoring the internal conversation 👀
But what @Mariusz Siwkowski mentions is great, I would suggest the same steps! 😎

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We had a similar problem at our hotel, but only with Booking.com email addresses. All links in the emails were being blocked. Through the Booking.com dashboard we created a whitelist of all the links we send in our profile by Booking.com and now we don't have this problem anymore. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Robin