Solved

Difference with Expedia Bookings

• 23 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey at all

We do have a challenge with the 2-way connection between Expedia - Siteminder - Mews

The prices we sent out from MEWS comes 1:1 to Siteminder. 

From Siteminder to Expedia we charge + € 5 and + 5% 

All the time when we receive a Expedia Booking in MEWS we need to change the price manually.

Any Ideas, why the prices are incorrect?

With booking.com we do not have this problems and they do have the same set up.

Looking forward to your help

icon

Best answer by AndrewN 23 January 2023, 15:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi you are saying the problem is that the prices in booked reservations that you get in from Expedia have the wrong price -- is the price you are receiving in the booked reservations the *same* as what Mews sent originally and it excludes or doesnt recognize the +$5 an +5%?

Is the +$5 and +5% added to charge those Expedia reservations for some portion of the commission cost?

Some ideas on what it could be:

1. Expedia is sending you rates NET of their commission.  This happens to me on our Expedia bookings.  The price that displays in a booked reservation from expedia always looks too low versus our market price because Expedia only sends us the amount after they deduct their commission.  And their commission is HIGH at 20%+.   For instance I tell Expedia the price is $100, they get a booking, and then send me a reservation where the price is $80 in MEWS.
  2. It could be a problem with mapping extra products or fees to the Channel Manager and into Mews.   There are some help articles on mapping products to channel manager.  I dont feel like this is probably your problem but could be worth looking at, depending on how you have things set up in Mews.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @SabineSchr

From my understanding, changes made to the rate through Siteminder to Expedia will affect the rate for that particular channel. Once Expedia sends a reservation back to Mews via Siteminder, the updated rate will be included and accepted by Mews.

Can you provide me with examples of screenshots that show the adjustment of rates between Siteminder and Expedia, specifically including:

• A screenshot of the reservation details pane in Mews
  • A screenshot of the Expedia Travel Agency Contract in Mews
  • A screenshot of the reservation details from Expedia

Please also ensure that any guest information is obscured in the screenshots.