Solved

Delivery Only Rate Plan Direct Connect Channels

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi community! 

I’m not sure if this feature exists, but I’m looking to set up a delivery only rate plan for direct connect channels in MEWS. I haven’t had many issues, but when there’s a mapping issue or promotion that MEWS does not recognize on direct connect channels, reservations have come in really strange due to product rules.

I have something similar created for my channel manager, the rate plan is called FIX ME and is a catch all for any reservations with room or rate code errors. This allows me and my front desk team to immediately recognize there’s something amiss with the reservation and attend to it. Anyone know how to set this up or if the feature exists?

Looking forward to your advice! 

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 29 April 2024, 11:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @JillMorgenthaler,

It seems like you're experiencing some challenges with managing rates and reservations, particularly when it comes to unfamiliar rates being sent from direct connect channels. Let's explore some solutions to address this issue.

Firstly, it's crucial to ensure that all rates are synchronized and mapped correctly both in Mews and your channel manager (CHM). If a new rate appears from a direct connect channel, it needs to be mapped within Mews and then in your CHM. This ensures that incoming reservations with these rates are recognized and processed accurately.

Also, if there are specific features or functionalities you feel would improve this process, don't hesitate to submit a feature request. 

Remember, if a rate isn't recognized, Mews defaults to the standard rate. By ensuring proper mapping and utilizing notification emails, we can minimize errors and streamline the reservation process effectively.

If you're still running into issues, don't hesitate to open a support ticket. Sometimes, things need a closer look to get sorted. You can also DM me the case number and I will keep an eye on it!

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Markéta, 

I am still running issues, opened a support ticket and am still running into some issues. 

While the occurrence of unmapped rates/rooms are infrequent, the issue is the adjustment of the rates due to the different product rules. Our default rate is set so Revenue Management can easily navigate to update and view BAR rates from the main screen.

What I would like MEWS to have the ability to do is have a default rate and a separate rate for capturing those reservations with wonky details. I will post this on the feature request and appreciate you taking the time to answer my inquiry!