Solved

Currency and the IBE

• 8 September 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
  • Senior Contributor
  • 20 replies

Hi gyus 

How do you manage having a currency conversion rate in the reception where it is lower than the official without changing the currency rate in mews? if we change the rate in MEWS it will affect the IBE exchange rate. 
we are NOT interested in adding fees. 

icon

Best answer by Ethros 8 September 2023, 15:58

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Currency conversion can be quite challenging, and it often results in us incurring losses on each transaction. This is because we have to maintain a lower rate in MEWS compared to the official rate, and if the fees are added, it tends to upset everyone involved. MEWS recently announced the implementation of Local Currency charging, so I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing it being rolled out soon!

Not sure if this covers your question though? LOL!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Uffe  You can either set up the conversion rate manually, or link with an integration that pulls the conversion rates for you - but i’m not sure if this hits on exactly what you’re trying to do.
In a case where the conversion rate has changed and now the amounts don't match, we are automatically posting Exchange Rate Difference order item to the bill. Covered in this article
Does this answer your question?

Userlevel 3

From the sound of it, i feel like Ethros caught the meaning of what I am trying to do. 

We also have to maintain a lower rate in mews however this impacts the rate that the guest sees on the IBE AS WELL! What I am trying to find is a work around. 

@Sarah.Masterton-Brown The article is mainly for reservations already made. My issue is for prospective guests looking at our website that has not made a reservaiton yet. 

My ideal workaround would be Seperate exchange rates for Commander and for IBE. 

hope this clears up any confusion?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Uffe,

I just came across this thread and I would like to know if you are having a lower exchange rate than the official.

If you do, then I understand that you are missing out on some money? Is that correct?

If this is the case and I am understanding you correctly, then this would definitely be a feature request

Let me know if this helps! 🍀

Userlevel 3

Hi @MarketaOupi 

you do indeed understand correctly and that is the issue, 
I am not sure it “helps” but we have now made a feature request
Having a SEPERATE currency exchange rate for the IBE, – Product Ideas Forum (mews.com)

please note that from my perspective this is a bug not a feature.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Uffe,

I hope you are doing well, I was just checking your feature request, I would suggest you ask your colleagues also to upvote it.

It would give it more chance to succeed, as now I see only 1 upvote 🙌🏼

Userlevel 3

Hi Marketa

I would love to, howeve they are not interested and do not take the time to upvote feature requests
Many of them do not use the community forum as this is not relevant for them.

Maybe you could enable users such as me and my colleague to vote on behalft of the company, but I assume this is another feature request?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Uffe,

let me discuss this with our product team, but as you already expect, I don´t think this will be possible/easy 🤔

Hope you are enjoying the holidays! 🎄

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Uffe,

so I followed up with the team regarding the enabling of voting on your colleagues behalf - we totally get where you're coming from with your request, and it makes sense for your situation.

But, just to be upfront, it's not something we're planning to dive into soon. It's not on our roadmap because not many properties are asking for it, so there are other priorities at this point. 

We hope you understand, and feel free to hit us up if you have more questions or ideas! 💡

Userlevel 3

Hi Marketa

That is understood, and I will look forward to more hotels requesting the same.