Solved

Check in after midnight/end of day

• 13 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Collegues,

I wonder if someone has found a solution for the problem if a guests without a reservation is arriving after midnight. How can he create a reservation for this night on a website that is using the booking machine of MEWS. Right now he can only reserve a room for the next day.

The background is that we only have one security guard at night and he should not have access to the booking system. MEWS, the payment terminals and the key card system are already connected. The only thing missing is that the guest can book independently via the homepage.

icon

Best answer by smehia 14 February 2024, 10:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Patrick Heisters

I do not belive this is possible on the booking engine, it is possible directly within Mews depending on the editable window you have setup. 

2 options would be to find a 3rd party booking engine which allows reservations for the day prior or building a custom integration. 

Perhaps some other community members have come across this and found a solution. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello @Patrick Heisters 

To me it depends on what you have authorized or not regarding the booking engine. I think but I’m not sure that you can grant on a few OTA the right for the guests to book after midnight for the day before midnight. Same goes for your channel manager or your direct integration but you need to check on your side if it is indeed possible

After that as @Mick said, Mews can go “back in time” to set the check-in date up to seven days in the past if my memory serves me well, so there wouldn’t be any problem

But again, check first. Maybe @MarketaOupi  knows something that might help you

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Patrick Heisters,

both @Mick and @smehia are right, this would not work from Mews Booking engine.

I would suggest talking to your channel manager, as they might be able to allow there past reservations from their side! 

Thank you!