Solved

Change status automatically to started for online checked-in reservations

Userlevel 2

Dear community,

I am reaching out for assistance with automating the status change of online check-in reservations to "Started" on the day of arrival once the room has been inspected.

Currently, we use a diffenrent  online check-in system, and we have achieved a high percentage (60-70%) of guests who are able to check-in online and have their reservation status set to "Started," allowing them to access their digital room keys and enter their rooms seamlessly. This has greatly benefited our operations.

However, we are interested in integrating the Mews online check-in system for branding and integration purposes. I am seeking input and suggestions if there is a possibility to set this up. I was thinking it might be possible with Zapier to automatically change the reservation status to "Started" once the room has been inspected, based on the link sent out on the day of arrival.

Any insights or guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards, Hendrik

icon

Best answer by CharlieDelamare 11 May 2023, 12:51

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Hendrik Renken 

I am amazed by your 60-70% of online check-ins!! 

If it is not too much to ask, which system are you trying to integrate?  That would help a lot to figure out the process.

Question:

Are you sure its the system you are using and not the language of your emails?  Maybe you are a genius at communicating!!

yt

E_

Userlevel 2

Hey Ethan,

Yes, we are trying to really target the right guests with the right messages on the right channels. Working out pretty well so far. Doing that with Bookboost. 

We are not trying to integrate any new System. Just would like to do online check-in via Mews and have guest use the navigator app. But for us, that only works if we can manage to automatically change the satus to “started” on the day of arrival. 
Got the hint that this would maybe be possible to do with zapier but could not really find the correct trigger. 

best
Hendrik

Userlevel 5
Badge

We’re in the process of testing out CRM solutions.  I set a meeting with Bookboost for later today to learn more about them.  I’ll see if they have any insight!

Thanks!
Ethan

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Hendrik Renken !

thank you for raising this topic! 🍀

We are discussing this internally, if there could be a Zap solution.

I just want to clarify if I understand correctly - is it that your guest key access hinges on reservation being started?

Thank you for your reaction! 🌞

Userlevel 2

Hey Marketa, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, that is the point. The Key is only send when reservation is started. 

Would be super nice, to make that possible. Even better if it would work in MEWS direclty :) 

Best 

Hendrik 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Hendrik Renken!
Great question, I have a couple of possible solutions for you…
1) Checking in the room automatically when the room is inspected is challenging. It’s technically possible via our API but would require quite a bit of technical work on your end. It could be done via Zapier but would still require some API knowledge so I wouldn’t advise this.
2) If you just want all of your reservations to be checked in automatically at their start time (regardless of if the rooms are inspected) you can do this directly in Mews. We have the setting “Enable Automatic Check In” in the Visit Options of the Bookable Service. Below is a screenshot:

Hopefully this would be sufficient for you? Let me know if you have any questions!

Charlie.

Userlevel 2

Hello Charlie,

I appreciate your assistance so far.

Unfortunately, implementing automated check-in for every reservation won't be suitable for our needs.

Since we also intend to utilize Mews online check-in, it would be great if we could synchronize it with our system. Specifically, we would like the reservation status to change to "started" automatically on the day of arrival once a guest completes the Mews online check-in.

If it is possible to achieve this through the API, we are willing to explore the more complex route.

If you have any contacts or resources that can help us accomplish this, we would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,

Hendrik

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey @Hendrik Renken,

Thanks for clarifying what you’re looking for with this solution.

Unfortunately at the moment we don’t display in our API whether a reservation has checked in online or not. I’ve spoken to the relevant product team though and they’re looking to add this soon.

In the meantime though, I believe that you’re using Goki as your lock provider, is that correct? What’s the reason that you want to use the Mews Online Check In, instead of the Goki solution?

Thanks,
Charlie!

Userlevel 2

Hey Charlie, 

Thanks for coming back to me! 

Yes correct, we currently using Goki for that. 
Of what i see the integration with mews Navigator and commander is better and i think it makes sense for guests to manage the booking themselves and have the Check-in file right in the PMS

Trying to make the Journey as clear, selfexplaining and easy as possible. And see that more if the whole booking/check-in/out process works via mews. 

Thanks for working on that! 

Best

Hendrik

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Hendrik,

Great thanks for that.

I spoke to our product team and was able to confirm that online check in status actually is already in our API, added just a few weeks ago, but isn’t yet documented (we’ll get on that soon.) I’ve therefore been able to build a zap that I believe should work for you.

It’s a little complicated and you would need to recreate it on your own Zapier account so it would be best if we could schedule a call and I can talk you through the solution.

Here’s a link to my Calendly where you can book 30 minutes with me.

Look forward to speaking with you soon.

Charlie.