Solved

Card enabled through payment request

• 24 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Good evening everyone, 

As background, we are a 100% self service hotel. We do not have a receptionist sitting at a desk in the lobby. We utilize the MEWS kiosk. We operate out of Costa Rica, where the MEWS terminal is not an option. Guests all have paid 100% of their reservation before they set foot in the lobby. 

One of our methods of ensuring an easy payment on checkout day is to always have an (enabled) card on file. For single bookings, that is not an issue, as the card is added and enabled automatically. 

For group bookings however, this is not possible to do as guests don’t book their own rooms. We are trying to find a way to avoid manually adding guests credit cards for group bookings of let’s say 20+ rooms. Both at reception and calling people before their arrival is very intrusive. 

Sending guests a 1 dollar payment request before their arrival is actually feasible though. The issue with that is that it doesn’t save the card, and so we can’t use it.

My question is: is there a way to get a payment request add Enabled cards on file? If that's not the case, is there another way to get guests cards on file if they have not made the booking themselves?

Thanks a ton everyone,

Bernie

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 11 January 2024, 10:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Bernie,

thank you for your question!

I believe a solution would be using the rooming list.
When utilizing a rooming list for group bookings, it's essential to ensure that you have the email IDs of all participants. Once the rooming list is uploaded, guests will receive invitations for online check-in.

During this process, they can conveniently provide card details and initiate payment or preauthorization. For further details on payment options for guests, you can refer to the following link: Online Check-In Payment Options.
Let me know if this helps!