Solved

Can you generate invoice wirhout VAT

• 21 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

I am looking for a way to generate an invoice without VAT. This is only relevant if the customer is a tax exempt organization. Does anyone know how to…? Thx

icon

Best answer by alzbeta skrabalkova 21 December 2023, 16:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Max

If you mean an invoice where the VAT does not show on the invoice (but it’s still added on the items), then you’d have to issue a proforma invoice (which is however not a legal document). 

However, if you need a regular tax invoice with 0 VAT on the items, you’d have to have the items posted with 0%VAT (which would mean you create a rate with 0% VAT and create the reservation with said rate.)

Hope it helps :) 

Userlevel 2

Hi @alzbeta skrabalkova 

thanks for your reply. I am looking for a 0% VAT invoice. I got your solution. So I have to create a stay product with 0% VAT, a breakfast product with 0%, a garage product with 0%…..

Ok. That makes sense, even though it may not be worth it. We had this case once so far and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be very much more in the future. Maybe I can create one combined product for the whole stay. That might be easier even though it will somewhat disguise the stats.

I’ll talk with my team about it.

Thanks very much!

Max

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

That’s understandable :) 
Let me know should you have further questions and good luck :) 

Userlevel 2

update: We have received feedback from mews on this. There is another work around. You create a product without VAT and book it onto the bill. The price equals the negativ value of the VAT as a discount. We haven't tried it yet. Therefore I cannot tell how it would look like on the invoice. If that works alright, it’s an easier way than creating all products without VAT, especially if you only use them every now an then… Just wanted to share the idea...