Solved

Booking engine strike-through rate

• 10 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
  • Superstar Contributor
  • 66 replies

Hi Community, 

How are you handling having the strike-through rate appear on the booking engine? 

Our rates are derived from the base rate but are in different rate groups due to different settlement & cancellation policies. 

To show this discount to the guests we are creating fake ‘copy’ rates to place in the rate group. 

I feel that there must be a better way, how do others work to have this appear on the booking engine? 

Thanks, 

icon

Best answer by MarketaOupi 15 April 2024, 10:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Sam,

thank you for this question! 
Currently there is no better way around this. Booking engine only displays one rate from a rate group (the cheapest one) and the strikethrough rate is the most expensive one from the group.

Since each rate group entails distinct policies, they essentially represent separate offerings. Therefore, enabling a strikethrough for rates across different groups might not align logically with this differentiation.

Userlevel 4

Thanks, advice from the community - are your rates within the rate group always derived from the same rate group? 

Or rates are derived from one master base rate regardless of rate group? 

Badge

Hi Sam!

I’m not a customer but I do see a lot of system configurations and I rarely see a setup that has one base rate per rate group. A lot of Rate Management Systems that we integrate with are also only capable of managing one base rate so it is common for rate structures in Mews to be built on that one base rate.

Best,

Matt

Userlevel 4

Thanks, is it general feedback that properties would like the strikethrough rate from the same rate group? 

We have been under the thinking that we would like to show the guest the actual discount they are receiving which would be a discount from the base rate.

Thanks for any feedback!