Solved

Booking.com Direct Connect Old API in use

• 25 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi everybody,

please note, that Mews uses an old Booking.com API that apparently leads to a validation warning. One of my customers got overbooked which is why we checked the Channel Manager Queue. According to a reply message from Booking Mews uses a deprecated API version, see below. 

Not yet fully sure, the overbooking happened due to the old API usage, however, I want to raise awareness here so you check your Booking.com reservations or high demand dates for overbookings. There might be other reasons for the overbooking. Still using an old API version is not very comforting especially when it also comes with a validation warning when pushing inventory to Booking.com.

There is a ticket open, so I am sure Mews is having a closer look.

Kind regards

Tobias

<ResponseMessage>

<availability>

<warnings>

<warning code="DEPRECATED_VERSION">

<message>The current version 1.0 of this API is going to be deprecated as of December 5th. Please test and start migrating to version 1.1. Details: https://connect.booking.com/user_guide/site/en-US/migration-guides/migrating-to-new-versions/#changes-to-the-availability-endpoint</message>

</warning>

</warnings>

</availability>

<!-- RUID: [UmFuZG9tSVYkc2RlIyh9YXHAJyR7Yro4Laa8Nob6B3vF58n4Eb5yWsV9NIMryTUh1Z9BdLqALdrhhSCMQnG5uQPTcwdm4Kzh] -->

</ResponseMessage>

icon

Best answer by MarinafromMews 25 January 2024, 16:18

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hello @tobiaskoehler,

Hope you are well, thank you for submitting the question!

Our team is aware of the new version of API that Booking.com has developed and they are working on the migration. Mews has been granted permission to migrate in early spring, hence this warning does not have influence on the delivery of availability updates. All updates are processed as normal.

Regarding the overbooking, we will get back to you in the case that you opened with us. 

Have a great rest of the week!

Best wishes,
Marina

Userlevel 2

Dear Marina & Tobias,

I am facing a lot of issues currently with our rates (for 3 different properties) not being sent to booking.com properly, and when I check the channel manager queue it is full of “validation warnings". Usually I can solve the problem by sending a manual push. I did already create several cases via support, but this was not given as a possible reason.

Could it be that this warning does affect the availability and rate updates after all?

I am curious if others are facing the same problem.

Kayleigh

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @Kayleigh!

thank you for the message! 

I talked to the team and found your support ticket and I was informed the warnings are not connected to the issue of rates not being sent. 

The developers are looking into it and my colleague will get back to you! 🙌