Solved

Book Visit integration with Mews

Dear all

I am looking for other users with Mews integrated with Book Visit as I am having some issues regarding the transfer of payment between the two systems. 

Anyone?

Best regards 
Ajaja

icon

Best answer by Simone 11 January 2023, 14:08

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

is that the system Condor Ferries Holidays uses?

we get their bookings via our channel manager SiteMinder, but the payments directly into our bank account once we have emailed the Mews invoice

Dear Simone

Thank you.
Its called Book Visit or ByNordic. I’m not sure if it is the same as Condor Ferries.

Both support teams from both systems suggest a channel manager as link, but it is not possible.

So my question is, has anyone integrated the two systems with succesfull payment transfer without a channel manager? 

Ajaja

Userlevel 2
Badge

sounds like it is same system probably.

we don’t have any of our OTAs paying directly into Mews unless it is by (v)cc and you can set up automated payment. 

sorry I can’t assist but best of luck

do you know if we can set up a rule under payments in mews, that every time a booking is made through Book Visit, its registed as 100%, booking time, or something like that?

Userlevel 2
Badge

i thought you could set that up at rate group level. we have different groups to reflect the different cancellation / settlement t&cs we have

my appologies for lack of knowledge, but where do I find these settings? 

under which menu?

Userlevel 2
Badge

burger menu

settings

services

stays (or you may have renamed this under “bookable services”

rate groups

there is training under th “how do i” section as well if you type in rate groups. that explains it a bit better and in more detail.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

do you know if we can set up a rule under payments in mews, that every time a booking is made through Book Visit, its registed as 100%, booking time, or something like that?

Hi @Ajaja Kofoed

Yes, As mentioned by @Simone this can be achieved with Rate Groups, create a rate group with the settlement set to 100% a time of reservation & then assign the rate plan to that rate group. (This only works for reservations made after you configure this. Guide here

You can also set up a routing rule, which will route the bill onto the companies bill. This will prevent the rates being added to the reservation email in case you are using net rates. Guide here

Hope this helps. 

Regards
Mick

Dear @Mick and @Simone 

Thank you for assisting me. 

I know how to create new rate groups, but I am not sure it solves my problem. 

Is it possible to create a rule (fx with a new rate), that notifies the payment as settled, but in the other booking engine? Booking and payment is done in BookVisit, so the credit card details are not present in Mews, therefore the system can not charge the money. Its not suppose to charge the money, as they are already charged in BookVisit, but I would solve my problem if Mews registered the payment as setteled.

Does it make sense?

Best regards
Ajaja

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Ajaja Kofoed 
Good news. BookVisit are making changes to their API to address this so it will be possible to post external payments to Mews.
This is in development now and we hope to have this tested and delivered Feb/Mar.

Dear Sarah, this is good news. 
Can you keep me updated when it is developed?
Thank you!