Solved

Bills Related to a Checked-Out reservation?

• 21 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

In doing our government reporting audit, I need to go back and check bills that are associated with reservations.

How can I quickly and easily find bills that are associated with a particular reservation after the bills have been closed?

As a reminder - once bills are closed - they disappear from the reservation (screenshot below)_

Thank you :)
Ethan

icon

Best answer by alzbeta skrabalkova 24 March 2023, 17:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Ethan, 

thank you for your question!

When you are in the reservation screen, you can click on the “Items” tab to see all items. Next to those items you can see the specific bills where they are closed. The Bills are also links, so you can easily click on them to preview them.

See here a screenshot from a demo:

Let me know if it helped :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Sort of - this captures the part of the billing of the guest pre-arrival.

It does not show what they purchased on-site during their stay.

We need to report all sales on a per reservation basis AND how it was paid for!  (UGH!)

Thank you

Ethan

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Ethros

thank you for the message!

The “items” show all items and bills directly connected to the reservation (so nights and stay products).

If there were other items purchased by the guest, but not necessarily included in the reservation, those items can be viewed in the guest’s dashboard.

That is, because those items have been added as additional products/services and these are guest-centric (connected to a guest, not to a reservation)

You can click on the guest’s name, which will take you to the guest’s profile. There, you may either go to the guest’s “Dashboard” to see all guest’s bills, or to “Payments” tab to see all processed payments. 

With this, you will for sure cover all bills connected to the guest, and from the payment’s screen you even see the method of payment right away. However, not all bills have to be connected to the specific reservation - these will be all bills connected to all reservations of this guest. 

Hope it helps :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks @alzbeta skrabalkova 

I see what is happening and how ‘on-site’ items are not connected to the reservation, and connected to the individual → the MEWS way!

I wish our government thought about it this way too!!

Ethan