Skip to main content
Solved

Age categories are not getting mapped to SynXis

• 19 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi! Anyone else here using the Sabre/SynXis integration and having trouble or has some tricks due to age categories? Set up in Mews must be right, because both BE and booking.com take the right rates/ extra fees for children, but somehow the mapping/ connection between Synxis and Mews is not working. Support ticket is going on, but wanted to ask the community too…

Best regards, Karo, Hindsæter, Norway

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Karo 

We have several customers with the same problem. From my perspective, age categories are not yet supported in the Synxis - Mews interface and children are always transported into one default category in Mews.

Synxis seems to know two types of integration configuration, one where children are sent without age category to PMS (just “children”) and one where the age categories are sent.

I am unsure if currently, Synxis cannot send the age buckets or Mews cannot receive them.

@Philippe H3C FYI

Best, Marc

Hello @Karo 

indeed Mews and Synxis have not created bridges for more than one additional person, this is more on the side of Sabre. On my end, I use 3 child age categories and only one is connected. But to address this, as we know that depending on the ages of the children they have different needs and we need to adjust our rates by increasing them to cover the extra bed, breakfast, etc.

So the solution is in Synxis, you need to create static packages with the different age categories so that when the guest makes a reservation on the booking engine it reflects that of Mews and I must say it works well.

Then, at the reservation level, when we receive the confirmation, we need to adjust the child's age in Mews and the products will be added with the age category.

Unfortunately, there is no bed inventory which is alarming and unfortunate! I urge you to ask the developer or your key account at Mews for this! But not to go vote but to make NOISE.

For any configuration, I recommend @marc agilotel 

Best regards

Hello Superstar Helper Marc - superfast too: it always helps so much so hear I am not the only one :-). And for sure it helps to hear that there are ongoing issues. My support in SynXIs offered already a workaround, but me being new with Mews wanted to challenge this glorious new system, happy with it. Even if it is some issues: A great community obviously!

@Philippe H3C omg thanks, that is what I got offered already, but did challenge both Mews and Sabre in support tickets, so then lets hope they work with it.

Again: Impressing community - solved after a night only. I hope I can help others too when I am not a newbie anymore :-)