Solved

Age-based breakfast prices with the Booking.com integration

• 25 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are using the Mews-Booking.com integration from the marketplace. 

The Mews support told me, that age-based breakfast prices are supported by their integration. I know how to set up everything in Mews, but I am not sure on how to do in in the Booking.com Extranet.

The Booking.com support was unfortunately not very helpful so far. 

Is there anyone here who has successfully set up age-based breakfasts between Booking.com and Mews? 

What is your setup in Booking.com and does it map and display (children) breakfast prices correctly in Mews? 

icon

Best answer by Joanna.Svehlova 13 February 2023, 09:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Georg Gaag   Sorry to hear you’re having these issues and Booking.com haven’t been helpful for you. Our guidelines are to contact your Booking.com account manager. These products can’t be added by you, they need to be set up on the extranet by someone in Booking.com. Do you have an account manager that you can get in touch with? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @Sarah.Masterton-Brown

I contacted my account manager at Booking.com again and wrote her what you said. I will have an appointment with her on 9.2.2023. I will keep you posted. 

If anyone else has already set that up successfully, please let me know! :) 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have received an update from Mews support: 

After some reviewed information with the Channel manager experts. Unfortunately this feature is not yet supported by any of CHM integrations. Booking.com integration supports only pushing age-based rates to Booking.com, but not age-based products

😢

Userlevel 3
Badge

Good Morning @Georg Gaag

I have contacted Booking.com support and indeed it is not possible to set a breakfast price based on age, it's only possible to set a per person price. Please see screenshot below. 

I hope this information is helpful ;)

Joanna 🌹

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @Joanna.Svehlova

Booking.com told me that I could set something up with children rates, but this is more a workaround and won’t sync well with Mews. 

So I hope they are working on age-based breakfasts that can be correctly mapped with the settings in Mews. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Georg Gaag,

I just came across this thread and I have some good news.

We're actually working on a fix on this right now, so it won´t take long! 

Stay tuned for the release notes!

Have a great day 😎

Userlevel 3

Hi there! I have a direct connection now to booking.com and need to add breakfast to two of  our rates on booking.com . How could I do so? Is it still necessary contacting the account manager or could I connect the product by myself as there is an option in mews marketplace “products for channel manager”. Thanks for your help! Christina

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @samoanprincess,

this conversation is about child-based products, while you are asking about general products so a new thread would have been better 😉
But please have a look at this article about mapping breakfast in Booking.com 👈🏾

We checked your B.com settings and the mapping code you use for breakfast looks too generic, so I am not sure if it is a correct one, you also need to link the product with a rate if you want Mews to send the total price for the package.

I am sure if you follow the article, you will have more clarity :) If not, you can always contact support 😎