Solved

Accounting Category by Space

• 23 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Mews Community,

At our hotel it's required that each room has a unique and distinct accounting account from other rooms. Upon reviewing MEWS, I noticed that it assigns accounting categories based on space categories. However, what we need is for each space to have its own accounting category rather than being grouped by category.

Have any of you encountered a similar issue before? If so, how did you resolve it? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

icon

Best answer by smehia 24 February 2024, 11:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello @gonzalogomez 

You mean that each of your room has to have its own accounting category, or is it each of your room types ?

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 1

Hi Steohane. I mean each room to have it own account category.

As example. We have 2 spaces categories with 10 rooms each.

I need all of that 20 rooms  to have its own account category.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Well then you would have to create one space category per room (the space category would have the same name/number as the room does) and then one account category following the same idea and linked to the right space category

It’s gonna be heavy though...

But maybe I’m mistaken and there is another workaround to make things easier and effcient in the way you want it to be. Maybe @MarketaOupi  can help

Sorry I cannot be of any bigger help

Stephane

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello @gonzalogomez , Gonzalo here too 😉

I believe that what @smehia suggested is the way to go if you need each space to have it’s own Accounting Category, so one Space Category for each Space. I just wanted to share this article about the hierarchy for Accounting Categories, as the Rate Accounting Category will override the ones for the Space Category, in case it gives some extra context. 

You are also welcome to give your feedback in this page about your need to have Accounting Categories for Spaces.

Wish you both a great week ahead!

Gonza

Userlevel 1

Thanks all !!!

The concern with creating a space category per room and linking it to an account category is that it could potentially flood the booking engine with an overwhelming number of options for guests to choose from. This might lead to confusion and make the booking process less efficient for both guests and staff.

Userlevel 1

i does not work because i see a lot of room on my booking engine

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @gonzalogomez!

Yes, if you need one Space Category per space your Booking Engine can get overloaded with different room types, also mapping these with channel managers might get complex…

I don’t know if your property uses any Accounting Integration? I mention this as Mews Open API would allow them (or you, in case you have any developer working with you, check this) to get real time information of everything you have in Mews. With some work with the API and on their side they might be able to assign each Space an Accounting Category and compile the information outside Mews. 

Let me know if any clarification is needed ;)

Thank you for being part of our Community!

Gonza