Skip to main content
Solved

Accounting integration

• 26 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Hello MEWS community.

Does anyone have experience integrating accounting solutions? In particular, we need to transfer invoices generated in MEWS (and their corresponding collections) automatically to the accounting 3er party system (Quickbooks or Holded for example). Any information would be welcome!

Regards!

Nicolas

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We are integrated with Xero using the integration provided in the Mews Marketplace. When we activated the integration, we were put in contact with the 3rd party integration company that Mews uses to configure the integration. Be aware, however, that if you are using Xero, the company they use is very poor and it took a number of attempts at explaining to them what fields from Mews bills need go in which fields in the Xero invoice. E.g. they mapped the VAT amount from the Mews bill to a completely different field in Xero, and it took a lot of explaining and meetings to make them understand these simple concepts. If you do get assigned a company for your integration, I advise making some very simple, comprehensive instructions with screenshots showing what field needs to be mapped to what other field, to make it very clear.

Hi Sami! great to read your answer. A few more please!

1. Do you remember the name of the 3rd party integration company (I mean between MEWS and XERO)?
  2. For ´cloud base´ accounting did you evaluate other alternatives than XERO?

Thanks for your info!  :)

Nicolas

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Nicolas

No problem!

1. The company is called Omniboost. They provide ongoing support for the integration.
  2. We already had Xero before we got Mews, so we didn’t look at other alternatives.

Kind regards

Sami

Understood!  Do you have a contact in Omniboost to share with me?

I would like to ask  him/her what accounting solutions integration they already developed. In order to evaluate them. And check the fit beteween those solutions and our operation.

thanks!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Nicolas

[email protected] should work!

Cheers

Sami

One more Sami, how is your experience with Xero?   tks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Nicolas

I don’t use Xero much in my day to day as I’m not in the finance team, but I think overall they find it very good. Be aware, though, that it is primarily for financial rather than management accounting, i.e. it is for recording, summarising, and reporting financial transactions to produce external financial statements, rather than for internal decision-making and operational planning, like budgets for forecasting.

Sami

Great info Sami. For “for internal decision-making and operational planning, like budgets for forecasting” do you recomend (or at least you have some experience) with any MEWS Marketplace solution?

Thanks!

Nico

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Nicolas

Unfortunately I don’t know, as we haven’t explored this yet. In the Mews Marketplace where you can view all the different integrations there is a specific section for accounting software. There are quite a few packages, so to save time I’d suggest using AI to summarise the options, either by selecting all the text and pasting it into ChaGPT or similar, or using Copilot in Edge to summarise the page. Hope this helps!

Sami