Interview

UNFOLD INTERVIEW: the new standard of serviced apartments

• 31 March 2023
  • 0 replies
UNFOLD INTERVIEW: the new standard of serviced apartments
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We speak to Naomi Heaton, CEO and Founder at The Other House, London Central Portfolio (LCP) ahead of her panel session that will cover creating remarkable brand experiences.  

Growing her business from a one-woman show to a team managing assets worth over a billion pounds, Naomi has an encyclopedic knowledge of real-estate investment, acquisition, refurbishing and interior design. When it comes to the new standard in hospitality, she knows how to create a cohesive and engaging brand experience.  

Give our readers a quick introduction to who you are and why you love hospitality. 

After building my career as a director at the advertising agency Saatchi & Saatchi, I imagined I was destined for a life in advertising. Little did I know that buying my first home in London’s Camden Town would later transform into not one, but two successful businesses.  

With a love and keen eye for interiors, I started my own business of buying, renovating and selling properties in central London. This developed into London Central Portfolio (LCP), one of London’s leading residential real estate investment companies, advising overseas buyers.  

Managing a large portfolio of rental properties on their behalf, I observed the rapidly changing lifestyle requirements of millennial tenants who were looking for small, aspirational and interior designed apartments in the very center of London – to be ‘where it’s at’ – with service on demand.

And so The Other House was born. 

Exactly. At the other end of the spectrum, I could see hotel guests were on the lookout for a greater sense of place, somewhere they could feel like a local. I saw an opportunity to mash this all together and rethink the hospitality sector. 

That’s when I created The Other House – a new concept that blends apartment-style living, hotel services on tap and private club amenities. Whether it’s for a night, a week or even a year, it’s your “other house” for as long as you’re in town.  

Hospitality is constantly evolving, based on the ever-changing needs of the consumer. I love that about the industry – it’s never static; it has to remain on point.

What do you think the new standard in hospitality is? What will be important going forward?  

In short, authenticity and creating memorable experiences. 

Global events over the past few years, the pandemic being one, have caused many people to reset and rethink. It has made us more mindful of our choices to value the moment, and will undoubtedly change how we travel, probably for good. Seeking new and varied experiences, as well as feeling a part of the local neighborhood, will be the key touch points of the future.  

With environmental responsibility climbing up the agenda as well, I see a future where guests embrace slow travel, taking fewer but longer trips. Perhaps extending business trips or adding a few days with friends or family.

read the full article here

0 replies

Be the first to reply!