New Beta: New Global Search

Show first post

77 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello! Happy to announce that search of in-house guests by their room numbers is live!
@smehia welcome back to the beta! I've reenabled your property.

Looking forward to your comments on that! 🍾

Thank you @ettore.zotarelli 

Just tried it out again, the room status is pretty well displayed but I think that the first result to appear on the search bar should be the room already “checked-in”. Not the one ready to check-out (for example) with no relation with the room number and that is there only because a part of the reservation reference regroups the same digits as in the room number.

What do you all think about that ?

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 3

Hello! Happy to announce that search of in-house guests by their room numbers is live!
@smehia welcome back to the beta! I've reenabled your property.

Looking forward to your comments on that! 🍾

Thank you @ettore.zotarelli 

Just tried it out again, the room status is pretty well displayed but I think that the first result to appear on the search bar should be the room already “checked-in”. Not the one ready to check-out (for example) with no relation with the room number and that is there only because a part of the reservation reference regroups the same digits as in the room number.

What do you all think about that ?

Regards

Stephane

Nice observation, and a tricky one…

The reason we made this sorting decision for reservations with matches that are checking in or checking out today above in-house guests, is because statistically that's what they search for the most: while every guest checks in and out* (somewhere), not every guest passes by the front desk/contacts the hotel during their stay.

However, this is based on search statistics taken across all the Mews users globally, and not every hotel follows this pattern. The more guests use self service options like the Mews Guest Portal or Kiosk, the less likely a staff member will be looking for arriving and departing guests at that specific moment. In fact, for hotels that provide 100% of their checkins via Kiosk, the chances of a staff member looking for an arriving guest are much lower.

I'm taking note of this observation, but before making a change I would like to collect some more data on the new usage.

There may be other solutions for this use case as well, for instance making sure that specific search is only looking for a room (e.g. we could implement some search convention such as "space:203" or "#203" that only searches for space numbers and not all the other numerical matches. I am also studying some match limitations such as not looking for guest phone numbers or emails if the search typed is less than 4 characters - making sure we have fewer results for short searches like room numbers.

Hope this makes sense! Thanks for the feedback and please keep em' coming!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@ettore.zotarelli The search convention idea is a fine one if we don’t only get the configuration page of the space as a return of the search. Might need some work indeed 😉

Also the star on the top right for the favourite search could be better used to me, as it could save the filters used for the search instead of/alongside the search itself

Thanks in advance for your input on this

Stephane 

Hey @ettore.zotarelli! I just ran a brief test and everything looks fantastic!

According to the introduction text you provided regarding this topic, it seems like it should be feasible to pin Mews pages. While I can pin a search input using the star on the right, I'm encountering difficulty pinning a suggested page. Is this currently achievable, or is it planned for a future update?

Userlevel 3

Hey @ettore.zotarelli! I just ran a brief test and everything looks fantastic!

According to the introduction text you provided regarding this topic, it seems like it should be feasible to pin Mews pages. While I can pin a search input using the star on the right, I'm encountering difficulty pinning a suggested page. Is this currently achievable, or is it planned for a future update?

Hi! Thank you!! Glad you are enjoying it!

What I meant by the favorites is that you can pin a favorite search (in my example below, User Settings) which will then take you to that screen in 2 clicks: 1 to search for that favorite and another to click on the item itself (instead of typing the page, etc). Not exactly the same as bookmarking a page, but already a shortcut.

This is also useful to save your most used Paymaster searches, for example.

Hope that helps! Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@ettore.zotarelli 

Thanks for enabling at our live property.

The first impression is great. I like that you alo see recent stays of guest and can also access property settings like accounting categories & products

Will get back to you when we have more feedback from our live property

Hi,

Thanks for adding !

I have a problem when I search by reservation number on a reservation to be confirmed, it does not work

Regards,

Floriant

Userlevel 3

Hi,

Thanks for adding !

I have a problem when I search by reservation number on a reservation to be confirmed, it does not work

Regards,

Floriant

Hi! Sorry that this is happening. Can you please send me the details (which property and which reservation number) you're searching for by email, so that I can start an investigation? [email protected]

Thank you!

Userlevel 3

Hi,

Thanks for adding !

Regards,

Floriant

Hi! Sorry that this is happening. Can you please send me the details (which property and which reservation number) you're searching for by email, so that I can start an investigation? [email protected]

Thank you!

This is fixed! Thanks for spotting it!
Happy weekend, and happy searching!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Very curious! Could you enable this in our live for Bilderberg Europa Hotel? I will share some feedback later on 👀

Userlevel 3

Very curious! Could you enable this in our live for Bilderberg Europa Hotel? I will share some feedback later on 👀

Welcome to the new search Beta, @Sanne ! It's enabled, please refresh your Mews page ;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It looks great @ettore.zotarelli, thanks for activating it so quickly! Really useful - I especially like the possibility to add favorite search keys. The companion search is absolutely lifechanging for front office teams for hotels with conference groups! 🚀

I will gather feedback from the users in the hotel as well and share it with you soon. 

Dear Beta Community,

I’m Rachel, one of the Product Designers on Ettore’s team that made the new Search functionality happen. We've loved having you on board for the beta roll-out, and we'd like to invite you to share your experiences in a 30-minute feedback session so we can make it even better.

To schedule your session, simply click the scheduling link below and select a date and time that works best for you. Your input is crucial in helping us improve and create an exceptional search experience for everyone.

Schedule your feedback session

In the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you would like to enable the new Search for more properties on your portfolio. 

We look forward to hearing your feedback!

Best regards,
Rachel Wu
Senior Product Designer

Hey Mews-Team,

a note about searching result displaying the optional bookings.
Options that have not yet been confirmed will be displayed with the message “Bestätigung verpasst”/ missed confirmation, even if the deadline has not yet passed.

Maybe you can fix that?

Best regards 

Leif

Userlevel 3

Hey Mews-Team,

a note about searching result displaying the optional bookings.
Options that have not yet been confirmed will be displayed with the message “Bestätigung verpasst”/ missed confirmation, even if the deadline has not yet passed.

Maybe you can fix that?

Best regards 

Leif

Hi Leif,

Nice catch! Thanks for reporting.

Can you share the URL of that reservation with me via email please? It will help us investigate where the problem is and we will get to it asap.

My email is [email protected]

Have a great weekend!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

we have this new search bar enabled at our property in Frankfurt and so far good feedback!

However it is not possible to look up Blocks by name or block number. 

Is that something you are aware of? This would be great to search also for blocks

Best

Linus

Hi @ettore.zotarelli,

Is it possible to create a new profile directly once you have made a result selection?

Or maybe better: I miss this 

here

So I do not have to go back to create a new profile.

Best wishes

Leif

Userlevel 3

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

we have this new search bar enabled at our property in Frankfurt and so far good feedback!

Is that something you are aware of? This would be great to search also for blocks

Best

Linus

Hi Linus! Nice catch, thank you!
I've opened a ticket with the team and will get that sorted. It seems to work with only some cases, which makes me think that the search config for availability blocks needs some tuning.

Thanks for reporting!

Userlevel 3

Hi @ettore.zotarelli,

Is it possible to create a new profile directly once you have made a result selection?

Or maybe better: I miss this 

here

So I do not have to go back to create a new profile.

Best wishes

Leif

Hi Leif!
Your suggestion makes sense to me; let me have a chat with the team to understand if there was a reason for these options to be gone when a filter is applied, but I think it's likely by accident.

I can completely understand the use case for someone looking for a customer, not finding, and then creating a new record right there.

Thanks for reporting! Will keep you posted on updates! Cheers

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @ettore.zotarelli, can you add another hotel to the beta? Live environment for Hotel de Bilderberg. Thank you! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

Best

Linus

Hi Linus! Nice catch, thank you!
I've opened a ticket with the team and will get that sorted. It seems to work with only some cases, which makes me think that the search config for availability blocks needs some tuning.

Thanks for reporting!

@ettore.zotarelli Great Thanks. Let me know if that is something that will be enabled.

PS: Could you please also enable Hey Lou Hotel Monheim, too? Please let me know once enabled

Userlevel 3

Hi @Sanne @Linus.Bihn ! 

The two hotels are now live with the new search! 💙

@Linus.Bihn the blocks by name and number will definitely be fixed, stay tuned and thanks for spotting!

Cheers!

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

Could you please enable this new search bar in Visit Inari - Hotel Inari & Holiday Village Inari - property? 

Thanks in advance!

Br, Linda 

Userlevel 3

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

Could you please enable this new search bar in Visit Inari - Hotel Inari & Holiday Village Inari - property? 

Thanks in advance!

Br, Linda 

Hi Linda! Added! Happy searching!

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

Thanks in advance!

Br, Linda 

Hi Linda! Added! Happy searching!

The search bar is super slow, is it normal in the beta-testing phase? 

Regards

Linda