New Beta: New Global Search

Show first post

77 replies

Userlevel 1

The State Hotel - Live environment please!

Hello everyone!
A quick update on the beta: all the ones who requested the new search on their demos should have it now - please let me know if I missed anyone.

For live properties, we are still polishing a few of the improvements and guaranteeing feature parity to what you already have today before I enable the new search - just to make sure everything is ship shape to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks again for all your support! I'll keep y'all posted as this advances! 💚

It’s not enabled for “Maritim Hotel Amsterdam New Demo” yet. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @Svenja - my bad! Enabled for you now. Thank you for the patience!

@ettore.zotarelli once it’s good to go in live as well, please enable it in Maritim Hotel Düsseldorf, they tried it in their demo and would like to keep testing it in live. Thanks!

Hi,
can you activate for hotel valdys la baie in demo ?

Regards,

Floriant

Userlevel 3

Hi @floriant ! It's enabled for your demo!

And for everyone: thank you once again for your patience as we continue to fine-tune the search results based on Demo feedback before enabling it for live properties.

Yours,

Ettore

Userlevel 3

Good morning my friends and happy Monday!

I am thrilled to announce we have finished the fine-tunings to proceed enabling the new search on Live!

I have already enabled it for the first 10 properties who volunteered here: the hotels from @mauritsbots @jenluu @alessandrobottero @gonzalogomez and @fransien Meints !

The plan is to monitor the new search's performance, as well as your comments, for a couple of days and then continue increasing the number of Beta properties.

We are also working already on some minor cosmetic improvements that will make the search findings a bit easier on the eyes, since now the new searched parameters (phone numbers, companions, etc) will deliver a lot more results than what we used to.

Thank you all for your patience and I look forward to your feedback! 💙

Feel free to post comments here in the community or, if you prefer, you can email me at [email protected] and we can schedule a call to talk in more detail.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Good morning my friends and happy Monday!

I am thrilled to announce we have finished the fine-tunings to proceed enabling the new search on Live!

I have already enabled it for the first 10 properties who volunteered here: the hotels from @mauritsbots @jenluu @alessandrobottero @gonzalogomez and @fransien Meints !

The plan is to monitor the new search's performance, as well as your comments, for a couple of days and then continue increasing the number of Beta properties.

We are also working already on some minor cosmetic improvements that will make the search findings a bit easier on the eyes, since now the new searched parameters (phone numbers, companions, etc) will deliver a lot more results than what we used to.

Thank you all for your patience and I look forward to your feedback! 💙

Feel free to post comments here in the community or, if you prefer, you can email me at [email protected] and we can schedule a call to talk in more detail.

Hello @ettore.zotarelli 

When ready to increase the number of properties using the beta “search bar” feature in the live environement, please feel free to add Hotel de la Couronne in Belgium

Thanks 😉

Stephane

Userlevel 1

It is amazing…. we are loving this !!!!! Thanks !!!!

Userlevel 3

Happy Tuesday!
We got a few more enabled just now!
@DirkVanGompel @smehia @tminder @shivbear @RURURUDS @wahiba @Tobias Sörling - the properties you have submitted on this community post should all have been enabled 🚀 let me know if I missed any of them by any chance.

More coming soon! Happy searching!

Userlevel 3

Happy Tuesday!
@DirkVanGompel @smehia @tminder @shivbear @RURURUDS @wahiba @Tobias Sörling - the properties you have submitted on this community post should all have been enabled 🚀 let me know if I missed any of them by any chance.

Thank you so much! Will give it a go!!

Userlevel 3

Hello Ettore,
Just did a quick test.

If you use the filter, to remove the cancelled reservations. It still sits there. But If I remove past, they are being removed!

Userlevel 3

Hello Ettore,
Just did a quick test.

If you use the filter, to remove the cancelled reservations. It still sits there. But If I remove past, they are being removed!

Hi Tobias!
Nice catch! I was able to replicate that filtering for "Past" reservations is including cancelled ones - which is a bit confusing. Is that what you meant?
Thanks!

Userlevel 3

Hello Ettore,
Just did a quick test.

Hi Tobias!
Nice catch! I was able to replicate that filtering for "Past" reservations is including cancelled ones - which is a bit confusing. Is that what you meant?
Thanks!

Yes, that is what I mean. If I want to look at only past reservations, the cancelled once should go away in my opinion. (even tho the cancelled once are in the past) 😄

“Past” should only show “stayed reservations in the past”

Userlevel 3

Hello Ettore,
Just did a quick test.

Hi Tobias!
Thanks!

Yes, that is what I mean. If I want to look at only past reservations, the cancelled once should go away in my opinion. (even tho the cancelled once are in the past) 😄

“Past” should only show “stayed reservations in the past”

I completely agree. A cancelled reservation is not in the past: it never happened. 💡
Already sent to the engineering team and they will review that, together with the other filters to be implemented for the other search entities. Thank you again! Keep 'em coming!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Happy Tuesday!

Hello @ettore.zotarelli 

The feature in enabled indeed

In the previous version we were able to acces the actual reservation for a space simply by entering the room/space number on the search bar.

It appears to be now impossible. We have to go on the timeline and it is way less convenient

Could this be put/implemented back ? Or maybe you have a workaround to obtain the same result ?

Waiting for your reply

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 3

Happy Tuesday!

Hello @ettore.zotarelli 

In the previous version we were able to acces the actual reservation for a space simply by entering the room/space number on the search bar.

It appears to be now impossible. We have to go on the timeline and it is way less convenient

Could this be put/implemented back ? Or maybe you have a workaround to obtain the same result ?

Waiting for your reply

Regards

Stephane

Good morning!
Very good point - and nice catch! Indeed, it should not be happening. I will work with the engineers to get this feature back asap, as looking for guests by their space number is a critical feature. 

I hope this will be solved very soon. In the meantime it's possible to search by spaces via the timeline but I can also turn off the feature for any properties if this is too inconvenient for your operations while we are getting this resolved. 

Thanks again for the feedback and patience!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Happy Tuesday!

Hello @ettore.zotarelli 

Waiting for your reply

Regards

Stephane

Good morning!
Very good point - and nice catch! Indeed, it should not be happening. I will work with the engineers to get this feature back asap, as looking for guests by their space number is a critical feature. 

I hope this will be solved very soon. In the meantime it's possible to search by spaces via the timeline but I can also turn off the feature for any properties if this is too inconvenient for your operations while we are getting this resolved. 

Thanks again for the feedback and patience!

Thanks for your quick reply @ettore.zotarelli 

Yes please, deactivate it for now for our porperty but you can put it back on as soon as the problem is fixed. Indeed the update itself seems very promising and we want of course to continue testing it out once we have the described search feature back 😉

Thanks in advance for your help and understanding

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 3

No worries at all, thank you for the understanding @smehia ! It's already off for your property, and as soon as it's back I'll reenable it. Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Perfect @ettore.zotarelli 

It is indeed back to the previous version, thanks again for your help

Hope to use the new one again soon 🤞

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 2

Happy Tuesday!

@ettore.zotarelli  thank you !!
It’s really cool and receiving very positive feedback from my teams already!!

I also agree with  @smehia ‘s remark, would be good to have this functionality also in the new search bar!

Userlevel 1

Still receiving positive feedback about this !! Thanks ands congrats!!!

Userlevel 3

Thank you @DirkVanGompel and @gonzalogomez 💙 Rollouts like these and seeing y'all loving it is by far my favorite part of the job!

I'm hoping we will have the search of in-house guests by their space numbers working within the next few days - just working on making sure we get it right. One of the big changes is that we can now search by a lot of entities (e.g. phone number of guests) - meaning a simple search like 101 (room) could now return thousands of records (101 could be a partial match of phones, IATA numbers, Mews confirmations, OTA confirmations, emails, travel agent contracts, bills… you got the idea 😆).
So we are making sure we sort the results correctly so the most likely to be what you're looking for are right there on top 💡 and of course, keeping a nice and snappy performance ⚡.

I will come back with some good news soon! Hope y'all are having a great weekend!

Userlevel 3

Hello! Happy to announce that search of in-house guests by their room numbers is live!
@smehia welcome back to the beta! I've reenabled your property.

Looking forward to your comments on that! 🍾

Userlevel 3

And for everyone else: @Marlon Meiser @floriant @Eric Kröll @Roy @c.rex @Linus.Bihn @Luke.R @Svenja welcome to the Beta in production!
It has just been enabled in the properties you have mentioned. 🚀

I am also accepting more properties at this stage, in case anyone would like to add to more of their chains 💡

Please let me know if I skipped anyone accidentally 😬

Happy Searching!