New beta: Increase revenue with upgrades in Online Check-in

Show first post

159 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Corine Stramrood, thank you for sharing the feedback and I’m glad to hear that the upgrades are no appearing.

There are a few parameters checked before a space category is offered as an upgrade, which are mentioned in the original post of this group.

The way it’s implemented is that we only show the next two available spaces as upgrade options to the guest. This is based on the idea that they are most likely to choose one of these options and also to not overwhelm the guest with lots of possible upgrades.

In your scenario, if there are suites available, then these would be offered if the guest was already booked on one of the space categories one or two levels below the suites.

I’m keen to hear your feedback on this approach and am happy to set up a call to discuss further if you’d like.

Thank you,

James

Hi James, thank you for your reply. please schedule a call.

The visit option is correcty installed, and the options in the space category are enabled.
Am I missing something?
Today I tested again and booked an elegance room and the upgrade to the Ibiza Suite wasn't offered which is still available for tonight. Maybe it has something to do with the room ordering ?

Thank you,

Corine

Hello, we would like to have the Beta! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @James.taylor,
Understood from another post that we can still sign up for this beta? Couple of questions though:

• How is the upgrade difference posted? Can the costs be added as a separate product or do you just increase the room rate?
  • You mentioned that Mews will not offer an upgrade if the higher category is cheaper than the price already paid however how are you determining the upgrade? Based on supplement difference between two room categories or on the prices paid? 

Thanks,

Roy

CC: @Nathalie Nieuwenhuis 

Userlevel 1

Hi James,

can you activate it for Hotel Andante Rust?

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Heidi, thank you for joining this group!

I’d be happy to enable it for your property. Please con you confirm your property name and whether you’d like enabled for online check in and / or Kiosk check in?

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @andante, thank you for joining!

It looks the setup had been started so I have now enabled upgrades in online check in for your property. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thank you,

James

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @James.taylor,
Understood from another post that we can still sign up for this beta? Couple of questions though:

• How is the upgrade difference posted? Can the costs be added as a separate product or do you just increase the room rate?
  • You mentioned that Mews will not offer an upgrade if the higher category is cheaper than the price already paid however how are you determining the upgrade? Based on supplement difference between two room categories or on the prices paid? 

Thanks,

Roy

CC: @Nathalie Nieuwenhuis 

Hi @Roy, yes, you can definitely still sign-up if you’d like to.

As for your questions:

• Currently an upgrade will increase the room rate. We’re working to separate this out as a separate item, but there is more development still required before we can enable this.
  • The upgrade is determined by the room ordering defined in Mews. I shared some details and a link to the related help guide in this post. The price difference is then checked as the goal is to help you increase revenues with upgrades.

I hope this helps, but I’m happy to answer any other questions you might have. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @James.taylor,

Thanks,

Roy

CC: @Nathalie Nieuwenhuis 

Hi @Roy, yes, you can definitely still sign-up if you’d like to.

As for your questions:

• Currently an upgrade will increase the room rate. We’re working to separate this out as a separate item, but there is more development still required before we can enable this.
  • The upgrade is determined by the room ordering defined in Mews. I shared some details and a link to the related help guide in this post. The price difference is then checked as the goal is to help you increase revenues with upgrades.

I hope this helps, but I’m happy to answer any other questions you might have. 

Thanks @James.taylor. We are looking for live upgrade supplements (looking at the current room category difference) rather than comparing supplements with the originally booked price. You would otherwise potentially offer really high prices which we do not want to present to guests. Do you have an estimate if and when this will be on the roadmap?