Skip to main content

It is my pleasure to bring you our newest AI 🤖 improvement, as we bring natural language to the main search bar

The search will understand a series of commands. For example:

• Show me in-house guests
  • Show list of dirty rooms
  • Show guests leaving today
  • Show guests arriving tomorrow

This means it understands relative time ⏳ terms (today, yesterday, tomorrow…) as well as the main Mews entities’ statuses, making it possible to search that guest who just checked in earlier but you cannot remember the name, or quickly see which rooms you can use for an inspection visit.

How does it work?

The same search bar as you are using today will be able to understand some natural language requests, such as “show me my guests arriving today” and, one of the most requested features in Mews History: future reservations with no rooms (a.k.a. how to find the reservation that is causing a red line on your timeline!) 🏆

What it does not do?

It does not change files. It’s still a search, so our AI will not make any changes on your behalf. Don’t worry 😉

The vocabulary may be a bit limited still. So please don’t forget to share your feedback with me as you go so I can register it for improvement and fine-tuning.

How can I get started?

The Smart Search is already live for all demo properties, so feel free to test it out on your demo anytime!

To experience it in production (which is really where the magic happens, cause… data):

1. Reply to this thread with the property you’d like added to this beta, in production
  2. I’ll enable the Smart Search within my next working day (I promise I will be quick 🏃🏻)
    1. Depending on how many volunteers we got, we may limit the beta during the first few days while we monitor performance and feedback

Please ask any questions or share any feedback you have below. 📝

same here nothing happening 😖

Hi! It's not enabled for your property yet - I will increase the number of Beta properties as soon we we get some more stability from the current ones. Thank you!!

same here nothing happening 😖

Hi! It's not enabled for your property yet - I will increase the number of Beta properties as soon we we get some more stability from the current ones. Thank you!!

Thanks for the update 

Gr Robin

Update! It should work on multiple languages 🌐 We are fine-tuning it based on the new data we received.

@j.spiess @Horacio Amistat City - did you have a chance to use it today? We made some improvements that should have left it more reliable - would love to know if it's working better for you. 😊

Hello!

Well, for me it works now, sort of. I agree with @Horacio Amistat City  that I need mor time and creativity to play with it.

First impression: Besides the query for the reservation without room asigned, the queries give me no shortcut or new filtering options. Also the result set cannot be saved, once you click on one item the list ist gone and you cannot work with the list / result set. It would be usefull to be able to use the natural language query to retrieve reports one can actually work with.

The queries can mostly be done with one of the existing reports (reservation, bills, ...) and filtering down what you are looking for. I hope the AI search is not wasting processor cycles and energy for something that can be done more efficiently, precisely and faster with existing tools/reports.

BTW/OT: When I allready mentioned existing reports here, let me add that it would propably more efficient and easy to add some usefull filters and sorting options to existing reports (without having to download them for filtering/sorting in excel).

Kind regards,

JP.

Thanks @j.spiess - this is great feedback and I completely agree with your observations. There's an overlap between finding the info through reporting and through AI query (for now). This is a very first iteration (and experiment) with some basic and safe AI features, which will help us guide further development in what "talking to Mews" could and should do - in the search bar or elsewhere.

For example, we are deliberately testing a passive AI search before something riskier, such as asking the AI to modify a reservation for you (which, by the way, is a request our AI is receiving from some users today on this very Beta!)

And about reporting: one of my favorite Mewsicians @jesson.atherton has a team working on improving our reports, in fact, he's running a Beta as we speak 😉 

Hey, I’m sorry. But I don’t now, how to use the filter in german. Which keywords shall I use?

And even in english, I don’t have results.

Sorry, I’m to supid.

Update! It should work on multiple languages 🌐 We are fine-tuning it based on the new data we received.

@j.spiess @Horacio Amistat City - did you have a chance to use it today? We made some improvements that should have left it more reliable - would love to know if it's working better for you. 😊

Hello!

Well, for me it works now, sort of. I agree with @Horacio Amistat City  that I need mor time and creativity to play with it.

First impression: Besides the query for the reservation without room asigned, the queries give me no shortcut or new filtering options. Also the result set cannot be saved, once you click on one item the list ist gone and you cannot work with the list / result set. It would be usefull to be able to use the natural language query to retrieve reports one can actually work with.

The queries can mostly be done with one of the existing reports (reservation, bills, ...) and filtering down what you are looking for. I hope the AI search is not wasting processor cycles and energy for something that can be done more efficiently, precisely and faster with existing tools/reports.

BTW/OT: When I allready mentioned existing reports here, let me add that it would propably more efficient and easy to add some usefull filters and sorting options to existing reports (without having to download them for filtering/sorting in excel).

Kind regards,

JP.

Thanks @j.spiess - this is great feedback and I completely agree with your observations. There's an overlap between finding the info through reporting and through AI query (for now). This is a very first iteration (and experiment) with some basic and safe AI features, which will help us guide further development in what "talking to Mews" could and should do - in the search bar or elsewhere.

For example, we are deliberately testing a passive AI search before something riskier, such as asking the AI to modify a reservation for you (which, by the way, is a request our AI is receiving from some users today on this very Beta!)

And about reporting: one of my favorite Mewsicians @jesson.atherton has a team working on improving our reports, in fact, he's running a Beta as we speak 😉 

Hey! My first impression after trying to use it is that it is useless! Yes, I understand that it is a beta... but it really doesn't give any results. Looking for anything: birthdays in the house, open accounts.... I think it needs a brutal facelift!

Hey, I’m sorry. But I don’t now, how to use the filter in german. Which keywords shall I use?

And even in english, I don’t have results.

Sorry, I’m to supid.

Hi @SinaR. - there's nothing wrong on your side, I just have not yet enabled for more properties. Yours will come soon and I will tag you on the announcement once I enable it. Thanks for the patience!

Happy Monday and welcome to the beta @jhaug @Roy @Mike @Eric Kröll @Xabier Manzano @shivbear @Marlon Meiser @Femke @DirkVanGompel @mdemmers @Andrea Schirmer @Sanne @c.rex @MarijnH @Elmo12345 @barb00sa @SinaR. @Sami Citystay @Manon Klop @ilonavandepoel 

It's now enabled in your properties - please let me know if I mistakenly skipped any (it's a manual task and I am - still - human hehe 🤖).

Languages: It should work in other languages too besides English, but the AI will first translate it to english and then process it - meaning there may be a slightly lower level of accuracy.

Thanks again for being part of the Beta!! 🚀

Hi @ettore.zotarelli thanks, but could it be that you have not enabled it yet for Bilderberg Grand Hotel Wientjes? 

This is a great feature. One suggestion: it would be really useful if you could print the results of your questions, e.g. “Print a list of in-house guests”.

Thank you!

Sami

@Sami Citystay great suggestion, keep them coming! I'm taking notes 🖋️

@Sanne I just checked and it should be enabled for you. It works on my end at least. Please try refreshing the page completely and, if that's not enough, logging out and back in. Lemme know if it works!

Cheers!

Hi Ettore

Another couple of suggestions. We use the before start reminder email to send guests a door code to access the building if they are arriving late, however sometimes the guest’s email is not listed and so the scheduled emails like the before start reminder can’t be sent to them. It would be useful if we could ask “Show me today’s arrivals that have not been sent the before start reminder email” (or other emails).

Similarly, it would be great if we could ask “Show me today’s arrivals that have an outstanding balance” so we can quickly identify check-ins that we will need to charge on arrival.

Many thanks

Sami

Hi @ettore.zotarelli! Logging out did the trick 🙂 However, almost none of the prompts show any result. Some examples:

• show list of departures today ✅
  • show departures today ❌
  • show departures ❌
  • show list of dirty rooms ✅
  • show dirty rooms ❌ 

In addition to this, I can think of so many more extensive prompts (for future development) - if you want to pick my brain feel free to reach out. 

Hi @ettore.zotarelli Please activate for Hotel Altmünchen, Hotel Perlach Allee, Villa Waldperlach and Hotel am Hachinger Bach. Thanks a lot!

Hi Ettore

Another couple of suggestions. We use the before start reminder email to send guests a door code to access the building if they are arriving late, however sometimes the guest’s email is not listed and so the scheduled emails like the before start reminder can’t be sent to them. It would be useful if we could ask “Show me today’s arrivals that have not been sent the before start reminder email” (or other emails).

Similarly, it would be great if we could ask “Show me today’s arrivals that have an outstanding balance” so we can quickly identify check-ins that we will need to charge on arrival.

Many thanks

Sami

Hi Sami,

How could you include the door code automatically to the before start reminder? Which Key System do you use?

Thanks

Frank

Hi @Frank ! Welcome to the beta, your properties were added!

@Sanne this is super useful, thank you! I am making notes of these for now but I'll also shoot you a message privately - would love to pick your brain a bit more!

@Sami Citystay thanks also for the use case! Why do you use the reminder instead of, for example, After Start? I ask because the reminder is not sent to guests that already checked in online 🤔

Hi @Frank ! Welcome to the beta, your properties were added!

@Sanne this is super useful, thank you! I am making notes of these for now but I'll also shoot you a message privately - would love to pick your brain a bit more!

@Sami Citystay thanks also for the use case! Why do you use the reminder instead of, for example, After Start? I ask because the reminder is not sent to guests that already checked in online 🤔

Hi @ettore.zotarelli Thanks a lot!

Will the search bar for companies finally be developed further? We have a big problem with the fact that a company, e.g. Siemens, with the identical name, e.g. Siemens AG, is based at many different locations and has different departments at one and the same location, which must be shown on the invoices. It is currently not possible to search for ‘Siemens Berlin’, for example. This means that companies that are constantly present in daily business have to be created twice and then the parent company has to be added again. This is a very big and important issue for all hotels that work with companies!

Hi Ettore

Many thanks

Sami

Hi Sami,

How could you include the door code automatically to the before start reminder? Which Key System do you use?

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank

We don’t have a way of automatically adding the door code to the before start reminder; we just include it as part of the text. We use the Salto lock system.

Kind regards

Sami

Hi Ettore

We use the before start reminder email to give guests the front door code instead of the after start email as they need to be able to access the building to check in, so it wouldn’t make sense for it to be in the after start.

We use the before start reminder email specifically as if, for example, we used the before start email, we would never be able to change the door code without leaving some guests with an out of date code, as it would have been changed in the 2-day period between them receiving the before start email and arriving.

By using the before start reminder email, we are able to change the door code in the window between all guests for the night being checked in and the before start reminder being sent out at 9am, without the risk of any guests being sent an out of date code.

Hope this makes sense!

Sami

Hi @ettore.zotarelli! Logging out did the trick 🙂 However, almost none of the prompts show any result. Some examples:

• show list of departures today ✅
  • show departures today ❌
  • show departures ❌
  • show list of dirty rooms ✅
  • show dirty rooms ❌ 

In addition to this, I can think of so many more extensive prompts (for future development) - if you want to pick my brain feel free to reach out. 

Hi @ettore.zotarelli 

“(show) future reservations with no rooms” (like in the example sent out) does also not work :(

@mauritsbots - took you a couple of hours! I was starting to get worried about where you were! 😋 you're in! 

@ettore.zotarelli its still not functional? 

@mauritsbots - took you a couple of hours! I was starting to get worried about where you were! 😋 you're in! 

Strange; which property's that? I'll have a look. Thanks!

Hi @ettore.zotarelli Thanks a lot!

Will the search bar for companies finally be developed further? We have a big problem with the fact that a company, e.g. Siemens, with the identical name, e.g. Siemens AG, is based at many different locations and has different departments at one and the same location, which must be shown on the invoices. It is currently not possible to search for ‘Siemens Berlin’, for example. This means that companies that are constantly present in daily business have to be created twice and then the parent company has to be added again. This is a very big and important issue for all hotels that work with companies!

Hi Frank! We are constantly looking for these improvements. Is this the idea you are talking about? If so, it's on our radar. Thanks!

@ettore.zotarelli now we are getting a result. But reservations with rooms.

@ettore.zotarelli now we are getting a result. But reservations with rooms.

We are logging it and someone’s looking at these errors. Thanks for reporting!

Hi Ettore

Many thanks

Sami

Hi Sami,

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank

We don’t have a way of automatically adding the door code to the before start reminder; we just include it as part of the text. We use the Salto lock system.

Kind regards

Sami

Hi @Sami Citystay, Thanks for your reply. You are adding the code manually?