Skip to main content

New Beta: The Global Search just got a lot Smarter!

• 5 September 2024
  • 76 replies

It is my pleasure to bring you our newest AI 🤖 improvement, as we bring natural language to the main search bar

The search will understand a series of commands. For example:

• Show me in-house guests
  • Show list of dirty rooms
  • Show guests leaving today
  • Show guests arriving tomorrow

This means it understands relative time ⏳ terms (today, yesterday, tomorrow…) as well as the main Mews entities’ statuses, making it possible to search that guest who just checked in earlier but you cannot remember the name, or quickly see which rooms you can use for an inspection visit.

How does it work?

The same search bar as you are using today will be able to understand some natural language requests, such as “show me my guests arriving today” and, one of the most requested features in Mews History: future reservations with no rooms (a.k.a. how to find the reservation that is causing a red line on your timeline!) 🏆

What it does not do?

It does not change files. It’s still a search, so our AI will not make any changes on your behalf. Don’t worry 😉

The vocabulary may be a bit limited still. So please don’t forget to share your feedback with me as you go so I can register it for improvement and fine-tuning.

How can I get started?

The Smart Search is already live for all demo properties, so feel free to test it out on your demo anytime!

To experience it in production (which is really where the magic happens, cause… data):

1. Reply to this thread with the property you’d like added to this beta, in production
  2. I’ll enable the Smart Search within my next working day (I promise I will be quick 🏃🏻)
    1. Depending on how many volunteers we got, we may limit the beta during the first few days while we monitor performance and feedback

Please ask any questions or share any feedback you have below. 📝

HI, we would like to test with Suitelodges Gooilanden.

kind regards,

margot

@ettore.zotarelli We would love to test it! Please activate in the live version for all havenhostel properties and Hotel Cadenberge.

Thanks! :)

Regards,
Andrea

Hi @ettore.zotarelli this sounds great! Our property Bilderberg Grand Hotel Wientjes can’t wait to test this in their live environment. 🚀 I will gather feedback! 

@mauritsbots - took you a couple of hours! I was starting to get worried about where you were! 😋 you're in! 

@j.spiess @Horacio Amistat City @katherinelattuf @M Wackerfeldt welcome to the beta!

We have reached 25 properties so I will monitor our vitals for an hour or two, just cause I'm a bit superstitious, and then will continue down the list. 😉

please activate the beta for Paulinenhof 

Thank you!

Cityden would also love to test this Beta, thanks :)

We would like to test it with Abdijhof Marienkroon in Nieuwkuijk, the netherlands. Thank you. 

Please @ auberge st pol   to the beta live.

Gr Robin 

Please add us for beta-version! Thank you in advance

It is my pleasure to bring you our newest AI 🤖 improvement, as we bring natural language to the main search bar

This means it understands relative time ⏳ terms (today, yesterday, tomorrow…) as well as the main Mews entities’ statuses, making it possible to search that guest who just checked in earlier but you cannot remember the name, or quickly see which rooms you can use for an inspection visit.

How does it work?

The same search bar as you are using today will be able to understand some natural language requests, such as “show me my guests arriving today” and, one of the most requested features in Mews History: future reservations with no rooms (a.k.a. how to find the reservation that is causing a red line on your timeline!) 🏆

What it does not do?

It does not change files. It’s still a search, so our AI will not make any changes on your behalf. Don’t worry 😉

The vocabulary may be a bit limited still. So please don’t forget to share your feedback with me as you go so I can register it for improvement and fine-tuning.

How can I get started?

The Smart Search is already live for all demo properties, so feel free to test it out on your demo anytime!

To experience it in production (which is really where the magic happens, cause… data):

1. Reply to this thread with the property you’d like added to this beta, in production
  2. I’ll enable the Smart Search within my next working day (I promise I will be quick 🏃🏻)
    1. Depending on how many volunteers we got, we may limit the beta during the first few days while we monitor performance and feedback

Hi again!

Thank you for taking us in as a beta hotel!

one 1st feedback: 

If i do a search for “show me list of inspected room” and then see that;  yes my room 419 is inspected and then click on it i unfortunately do not end up at the timeline/todays arrival, instead i end up in the set up/room description/space category… maby not so smart end not the reason for me asking it the room is ready/instepected.. i hope you understand what i mean… 🙄.. 

Have a nice weekend!

/mw

@mauritsbots - took you a couple of hours! I was starting to get worried about where you were! 😋 you're in! 

@j.spiess @Horacio Amistat City @katherinelattuf @M Wackerfeldt welcome to the beta!

We have reached 25 properties so I will monitor our vitals for an hour or two, just cause I'm a bit superstitious, and then will continue down the list. 😉

When it will be on? Still can’t find anything I ask on the search bar :)

@Horacio Amistat City I have messaged you directly; I may have picked the wrong property … let's check.

Everyone else, it's Friday so I will leave only those initial 25 for the weekend just to be on the safe side and continue next week. Have a great weekend and stay tuned for more updates! 💙

When it will be on? Still can’t find anything I ask on the search bar :)

For me it also does show any results with queries like the examples in the original post. In the morning it somehow did yield some results sometimes, but not reliably … maybe the service is still unstable or down at the moment …

BTW, I can think of some usefull queries, just some ideas:

• show me reservations with extra beds arriving tomorrow
  • show me reservations with VIP guests arriving today or tomorrow
  • show me open bills with a due balance for past stays (to find those bills for Travelagents where the invoice must be sent or a VCC must be charged manually - like for some epedia collect or hotelbeds reservations, or that simple have been checked out with an open balance)

JP.

We’d love to test it at The Regent!

Many thanks

Sami

Hi! 

We would love to test it at Postillion Hotel Amersfoort - Veluwemeer and Postillion Hotel Dordrecht! 

Regards,

Manon

What do I have to do to start this new funktion?

And does it work in german or only in the english version?

Happy Tuesday, everybody!

Thank you @j.spiess and @Horacio Amistat City for the initial feedback!

Our engineers are looking into it, as we indeed identified that sometimes the filters are not being correctly "translated" between the AI and the search - making it unreliable. We are working on that thanks to the data that we've gathered from the failed searches, so thanks everyone for that!

I am keeping the original properties only for now, and as soon as we believe that the known issues are resolved, I will increase the number of properties. 🚀

Cheers!

Great! Please add Grand Hotel Opduin. Thank you!

How does it work?

What it does not do?

How can I get started?

Hi again!

Thank you for taking us in as a beta hotel!

one 1st feedback: 

If i do a search for “show me list of inspected room” and then see that;  yes my room 419 is inspected and then click on it i unfortunately do not end up at the timeline/todays arrival, instead i end up in the set up/room description/space category… maby not so smart end not the reason for me asking it the room is ready/instepected.. i hope you understand what i mean… 🙄.. 

Have a nice weekend!

/mw

Great feedback, thank you! I agree, it's not wrong, but it's not useful neither. I'm making a note of that 😉

Update! It should work on multiple languages 🌐 We are fine-tuning it based on the new data we received.

@j.spiess @Horacio Amistat City - did you have a chance to use it today? We made some improvements that should have left it more reliable - would love to know if it's working better for you. 😊

Update! It should work on multiple languages 🌐 We are fine-tuning it based on the new data we received.

@j.spiess @Horacio Amistat City - did you have a chance to use it today? We made some improvements that should have left it more reliable - would love to know if it's working better for you. 😊

Hello @ettore.zotarelli ! Yes I had the opportunity to try it, works. Need more time to play with… :)

Unfortunately nothing is happening when I type in requests (any of the above) 😔. It loads forever and then says it could not find anything...

same here nothing happening 😖

also in my properties… ‘failed to get result. refine your query'..

Hello!

Well, for me it works now, sort of. I agree with @Horacio Amistat City  that I need mor time and creativity to play with it.

First impression: Besides the query for the reservation without room asigned, the queries give me no shortcut or new filtering options. Also the result set cannot be saved, once you click on one item the list ist gone and you cannot work with the list / result set. It would be usefull to be able to use the natural language query to retrieve reports one can actually work with.

The queries can mostly be done with one of the existing reports (reservation, bills, ...) and filtering down what you are looking for. I hope the AI search is not wasting processor cycles and energy for something that can be done more efficiently, precisely and faster with existing tools/reports.

BTW/OT: When I allready mentioned existing reports here, let me add that it would propably more efficient and easy to add some usefull filters and sorting options to existing reports (without having to download them for filtering/sorting in excel).

Kind regards,

JP.