Skip to main content

New Beta: The Global Search just got a lot Smarter!

• 5 September 2024
  • 61 replies

It is my pleasure to bring you our newest AI 🤖 improvement, as we bring natural language to the main search bar

The search will understand a series of commands. For example:

• Show me in-house guests
  • Show list of dirty rooms
  • Show guests leaving today
  • Show guests arriving tomorrow

This means it understands relative time ⏳ terms (today, yesterday, tomorrow…) as well as the main Mews entities’ statuses, making it possible to search that guest who just checked in earlier but you cannot remember the name, or quickly see which rooms you can use for an inspection visit.

How does it work?

The same search bar as you are using today will be able to understand some natural language requests, such as “show me my guests arriving today” and, one of the most requested features in Mews History: future reservations with no rooms (a.k.a. how to find the reservation that is causing a red line on your timeline!) 🏆

What it does not do?

It does not change files. It’s still a search, so our AI will not make any changes on your behalf. Don’t worry 😉

The vocabulary may be a bit limited still. So please don’t forget to share your feedback with me as you go so I can register it for improvement and fine-tuning.

How can I get started?

The Smart Search is already live for all demo properties, so feel free to test it out on your demo anytime!

To experience it in production (which is really where the magic happens, cause… data):

1. Reply to this thread with the property you’d like added to this beta, in production
  2. I’ll enable the Smart Search within my next working day (I promise I will be quick 🏃🏻)
    1. Depending on how many volunteers we got, we may limit the beta during the first few days while we monitor performance and feedback

Please ask any questions or share any feedback you have below. 📝

If we do not want AI enabled will that be an option?

Hi 

UDS would like to participate in this beta!

Can you put all 3 hotels in the beta testing?

Looking forward to test it out 

Hey @ettore.zotarelli ,

we`d like to participate in the beta with Hey Lou Hotel Frankfurt Airport and Hey Lou Hotel Monheim am Rhein.

Can`t wait to test it!

Hello there,

Please add Stadium Hotel. Live Environment

If we do not want AI enabled will that be an option?

Hi Marion! Thanks for the question!

I would love to understand a bit more of the use case here. What would be your concern about this particular feature? If you want, we can also have a call!
Cheers!

It’s finally here! 

Please sign all Samesun properties up for the beta, we’re super keen to try it.

Will there be a guide what the AI can do that I can pass on to our staff or should we just experiment with it to see how it best integrates with our day-to-day?

Cheers,

Phil

Souds great, but quick question: do you run your own AI model? Or are you sending data to the known big ones? Is there a data privacy/protection implication associated?

Regards,

JP.

@RURURUDS @phil.m @JulioDiaz @Daniel.Schleser welcome to the beta! I have enabled for the properties above!

Apart from the examples on the thread's post, I would rather not "train" people on how to express their needs to the system and rather the opposite. The failed requests will allow us to fine-tune the model to better understand hospitality-vocab. But happy to answer any questions!

Wow, very nice feature. Would be great if you could add Landhotel 3Kronen for the Beta.

Souds great, but quick question: do you run your own AI model? Or are you sending data to the known big ones? Is there a data privacy/protection implication associated?

Regards,

JP.

Excellent question. We don't share any of the property data with the AI model, just the search query itself and the AI translates it into filters that are then run through the regular search.

An oversimplified example of how this kinda looks like: show me guests arriving today → �entity type = guest] and narrival date = today]

All models we use are vetoed by legal, compliance, and security standpoints and data is not shared outside our environments. We have a local version of an LLM that no one outside of Mews can access.

Wow, very nice feature. Would be great if you could add Landhotel 3Kronen for the Beta.

Welcome to the beta @pn3kronen !

I want!!

@ettore.zotarelli please add live environment fot

WestCord Fashion Hotel, WestCord Strandhotel Seeduyn and WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam

Please add us: Go Hotel Ansgar  and Go Hotel Saga - in Copenhagen Dk!

🫡🙏

Would love to add The Circus Hotel to this please. As well as the Circus Hostel and Apartments!!!

Thanks!!

Hello! Please add Barcelona as well!!

Regards,

JP.

Excellent question. We don't share any of the property data with the AI model, just the search query itself and the AI translates it into filters that are then run through the regular search.

An oversimplified example of how this kinda looks like: show me guests arriving today → �entity type = guest] and narrival date = today]

All models we use are vetoed by legal, compliance, and security standpoints and data is not shared outside our environments. We have a local version of an LLM that no one outside of Mews can access.

Hello @ettore.zotarelli ! Thank you for the quick clarification!

In this case, please sign us up too (Hotel SPIESS & SPIESS, Vienna, Austria) 🙂 Let’s have some fun … ;-)

Regards,

JP.

please activate for YUST Hotel Antwerp and YUST Hotel Liége

Would be great to test at Bob W! 

Beta please @Meiser Hotels in the live Environment. Thanks!

Nice. We are in 

Hotel Arbaso is in for the Beta. Finnally!

@ettore.zotarelli 

Feel free to activate the feature in all our harry’s home properties, Adlers Hotel & Hotel Schwarzer Adler.

Thanks in advance!

Hotel Myrtilles would like to participate.

Ty

@ettore.zotarelli 

Would love to test this as well! Please add City Hotel Groningen en Designhotel Maastricht.

Thanks! :)

Would lilke to test it as well

Regards,

Julian