Skip to main content

Increase revenue with upgrades in Online Check-in

Are you looking for ways to increase revenue? Do you find yourself with available capacity for higher priced rooms?

We’re excited to share this opportunity to join the Beta for our new upgrade capability in Online Check-in. Guests can now be offered available higher priced spaces when completing their online check-in to help boost your revenues and make their stay a little more special.

How does it work?
During Online Check In, Mews will check if there are any spaces in a higher category available. If so, the guest will be offered the upgrade and will be charged the new category price minus the price already booked.

• Mews will only offer an upgrade to single reservations - groups are not supported.
  • Mews will not offer an upgrade if there is a restriction in place or there is no availability.
  • Mews will not offer an upgrade if the higher category is cheaper than the price already paid.

You'll be able to set individual space categories where you would not like a guest to upgrade to. E.g. to avoid upgrades to accessible rooms. This can be found under “Options” in the “Space category” settings. Upgrades made by guests will be shown in the ‘Action log’ of the reservation.

oEDIT] There is also a new setting “Enable space upgrades in online check-in” under the “Visit options” in your bookable service. This is selected by default when we enable the capability, but can be disabled if required.

What do guests see?

Upgrades during online check-in

How can I get started?

1. Reply to this thread with the property you’d like added to this beta
  2. I’ll enable the new settings so you can remove any space categories you don’t want offered as upgrades
  3. After 24 hours, I’ll enable upgrades to start appearing in the Online check-in for your guests (or after a longer time if requested)

Please ask any questions or share any feedback you have below.

Hi @Horacio Amistat City@FrancescoTheMaker@sdorville and @rhys.brown.cycas,

Thank you all for your patience and wanting to join this beta. I have now enabled the settings for the space upgrades feature so you can remove any space categories you don’t want promoted.

I will plan to enable the experience for your guests in online check in on Wednesday 27th March.

Please share any questions or feedback you have in the mean time.

Thank you,

James

Hi everyone above and @Cory too, I have enabled the experience for guests in your online check in this morning.

Please share any feedback or questions here and I’m happy to help.

Thank you for joining this beta!

James

Thank you James! 

If I understood correctly, the Upgrade proposal arrives to the customer together with the Before Check in - for the online check in? I don't quite understand 🙂 Is there a way to make it a separate email sent from Mews? We will do some tests from Wednesday and I will give you more feedback.

Thanks

Hi @Horacio Amistat City, the upgrade options are shown during the online check in. 

Online check in can be accessed by from the link in the confirmation or before start emails. It’s during this process the guest is offered an upgrade, if available. It is offered after the form to complete their details and before any additional products are promoted.

Dear James,

I tried to do it today with a test reservation, I did the check in online, offered some products to add but never offered me any upgrade option. It could be in case of no availability to don’t have that step?

Thanks!!

I tried to do it today with a test reservation, I did the check in online, offered some products to add but never offered me any upgrade option. It could be in case of no availability to don’t have that step?

@Horacio Amistat City, you’re correct, if there is no availability for a suitable space that meets the criteria then we don’t present an upgrade option to the guest during online check in.

The main criteria checked include:

• Space is available for the reservation duration
  • Space has the same or higher capacity
  • Space is currently a higher price than the existing reservation
  • Space is a higher category based on the space category ordering
  • The reservation is only for a single space

Hi @Stefan and @amunoz, thank you for your patience.

As requested, I’ve now enabled the experience for your guests during online check in at your properties.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Thank you,

James

Thank You!!!

Is there a way to create a report and see who has upgraded via online check in?

Dear @James.taylor 

How are you? 

We would like to try that out in our property: Hotel âme.

If that is still possible :) 

Regards,

Natalja

Hi 

Can we please add Victory House Leicester Sq and also Assembly Covent Garden

Thanks 

Annemarie 

Thank You!!!

Is there a way to create a report and see who has upgraded via online check in?

Hi @Stefan, thank you for sharing this feedback.

At the moment, this is only visible in the action log of the individual reservation. We are looking at how we can improve the experience to better summarise and show which reservations have been upgraded, but we are still preparing this.

Hi @HotelAme and @annemarie.legon, thank you for joining this beta group.

I have enabled the upgrade settings for the properties you requested. Please update any space categories that you don’t wanted offered as upgrades.

I’ll then plan to enable this in your online check in experience from the morning on Thursday 11th April.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

James

Hi,

We would like to try this out in our property, Hotel de la Commune, please in Rougemont.

Let me know when it's available, please.

Best regards,
Antoine

Hi @HotelAme and @annemarie.legon, I have now enabled the upgrade experience in the online check in for both your properties.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Hi @Antoinefedal, thank you for joining this beta group.

I have enabled the settings for your property so you can opt out any space categories you don’t want offered as upgrades. 

I will plan to enable the experience for your guests on Monday 15th April. Do you want this enabled for online check in only or the Kiosk as well?

Thank you,

James

Hi James,

Thank you for your prompt response. Regarding the online check-in and kiosk, could you please extend that to all of our hotels as well:

- Hotel de commune
- Peanut Mountain Lodge & Le Communal
- Saint-Ursanne
- Whitepod Original

Both for kiosk and check-in.

Best regards.

Hi James, 

May you add Smarthotel Oslo to the beta program?

Have a nice day!

Hi @Antoinefedal, I have enabled the upgrade experience in OCI for Hotel de Commune. 

The settings are available for the other properties and I will plan to enable the experience in online and Kiosk check in for your guests on Wednesday morning.

Please let me know if you have any feedback or questions.

Hi @Vegard Kaspersen, thank you for joining this beta group. 

I have enabled the settings for the property you requested so you’re now able to opt-out any spaces you don’t want offered as upgrades.

I will plan to enable the experience for your guests on Wednesday. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions.

@James.taylor 

Hey James, how are you? 

Thanks! I can see the extra settings now for my rooms. 

Could we enable the upgrade option also for the kiosk? 

Hotel Ame

Hi @Antoinefedal and @Vegard Kaspersen, the upgrade experience is now live in the online check in for both your properties. 

@Antoinefedal, this includes the Kiosk check in for your four properties as mentioned above. Please note, for Kiosk, you are able to disable upgrades in the Kiosk configuration settings if required.

Please share any feedback or questions you might have here.

Hi @HotelAme, that’s great to see you want to try this on Kiosk too!

I will enable the experience for Kiosk at your property tomorrow morning and I’ll update again here once it’s done.

Hi @HotelAme, the room upgrades are now switched on for Kiosks at your property as well.

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

Hey James,

Can you connect us to the Beta programma, we are interested in the room upgrade feature?

If still possible please enable the settings for Hotel ReeHorst, Ede

please let me know when it's available.

Kind regards,

Corine Stramrood

Hi @Corine Stramrood, thank you for joining this beta group. 

I have enabled the settings for your property, so you can now opt-out any space categories you don’t want offered as upgrades. I will enable the online check in experience for your guests on Thursday morning.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thank you,

James

Hey @James.taylor, thank you for arranging our beta subscription.

I found the details in de Room setups and we enabled all of our roomcategories for upgrade.

Is the online check-in experience already active?

We just tested the online check-in but the upgrade wasn't visable jet.

In which fase of the check-in is the upgrade visible, before or after the check-in?

Thank you for your help!

Corine

Hi @Corine Stramrood, I apologise as I got pulled into a critical issue and didn’t enable it for your guests this morning.

I have enabled it now, so you should now upgrade offers during online check in. If there’s availability, they appear after the guest details and before product upsells.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hi @James.taylor ,

No worries, we made a new booking to test.

But when I process my check-in, the first thing I see are the extra's en no room upgrade.

There is one suite available tonight so, that should be offered during check-in.

Can you please further assist? ( Al boxes in roomcatergory ar unchecked so all of the roomtypes if available should show up during check-in)

Guest Portal (mews.com)

Thank you 

Good morning James,

Good News this morning, the upgrade where visible when we tested this morning and we booked our standard room.

How many room types are shown in the upgrade fase? I saw 2. our standard + bath and our elegance room. 

We have Suites available for tonight, but they could not be selected as an upgrade option.
Then I made a new booking for an elegance room and I expected the Suites as an upgrade option.

But again I couldn't select them.

Please advise me.

Thank you James!

Kind regards.

Corine