Changing address + Reinstating after closing an invoice/closed bill

Show first post

99 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello there!

This is an awesome feature!!! We are new to MEWS (since 2 weeks, really enjoying it ...) and we already had to “double rebate” a couple of invoices, with the resulting invoices looking rather ugly and each time staff is strugling on how to to it right 🤔 … so I guess we will really appreciate this once it’s available to us!

We are a german (well, actually austrian 😉) property (but our default system language is set to english), and we don’t have receiveable tracking enabled, but we don’t have an accounting system connected (not necessary for us).

However, I am wondering if this was tested / is tested with the austrian fiscal (“cash register” / “Registrierkasse”) registration integration.

If that is a test case for you, well we could try it out …

Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Nienke Wilbrink 

Thanks for beeing first “Live Tester” with this feature. We save a lots of time with this new feature 😎

Looking forward to our feedback call 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello there!

This is an awesome feature!!! We are new to MEWS (since 2 weeks, really enjoying it ...) and we already had to “double rebate” a couple of invoices, with the resulting invoices looking rather ugly and each time staff is strugling on how to to it right 🤔 … so I guess we will really appreciate this once it’s available to us!

We are a german (well, actually austrian 😉) property (but our default system language is set to english), and we don’t have receiveable tracking enabled, but we don’t have an accounting system connected (not necessary for us).

However, I am wondering if this was tested / is tested with the austrian fiscal (“cash register” / “Registrierkasse”) registration integration.

Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

Hello @j.spiess ,

First of all, welcome to Mews! Happy to hear you are enjoying your new PMS! 

Thank you for your reply and I completely understand your pains with the current double rebate functionality…. but help is on the way! 

In the case you are not using any accounting software and no tracking enabled, you are already qualifying as a perfect testing property! Even though you are in Austria :D 

We have not yet tested in the live environment with any fiscal integration, but we have done internal testing. As we are actually automating the double rebating functionality, we feel confident in moving to live testing with properties with fiscal integrations. 

If you wish to move forward testing with us, please let me know and I can move to enabling the functionality in your demo environment and if you are ready I can enable your live environment as well. 

Looking forward to your reply!

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Nienke Wilbrink

Thanks for beeing first “Live Tester” with this feature. We save a lots of time with this new feature 😎

Looking forward to our feedback call 

Hi @Linus.Bihn ,

Thank YOU for being our first daring live tester and I am so happy to hear your positive words already! 

Greatly looking forward to speaking Monday! 

Have a great weekend ahead :D 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello there!

Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

Hello @j.spiess ,

First of all, welcome to Mews! Happy to hear you are enjoying your new PMS! 

Thank you for your reply and I completely understand your pains with the current double rebate functionality…. but help is on the way! 

In the case you are not using any accounting software and no tracking enabled, you are already qualifying as a perfect testing property! Even though you are in Austria :D 

We have not yet tested in the live environment with any fiscal integration, but we have done internal testing. As we are actually automating the double rebating functionality, we feel confident in moving to live testing with properties with fiscal integrations. 

If you wish to move forward testing with us, please let me know and I can move to enabling the functionality in your demo environment and if you are ready I can enable your live environment as well. 

Looking forward to your reply!

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Hello @Nienke Wilbrink  !

Thank you! Yes, please enable it for our demo and I will ask my team to familiarize themselves with it. I think a week after that we should be ready to try it in the live environment.

Regards,

Jean-Philipp.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Jean-Philipp,

Thank you for your willingness to test this functionality!

Please be informed that I have enabled the functionality for both address change and full Reissue in the demo environment ready to be tested. 

Have a great weekend ahead and looking forward to your findings!

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Hi, Brenner Hotel in Bielefeld, Germany, would be happy to try the new feature!

Kind Regards, Marcel Becker

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi, Brenner Hotel in Bielefeld, Germany, would be happy to try the new feature!

Kind Regards, Marcel Becker

Hi @Marcel ,

Thank you for your interest! I have gone ahead and enabled your Demo property will the functionality just now to be tested. 

From next week onwards we could move to live testing from Monday onwards with the Address change functionality if you wish :D 

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello Mews Community!

Hope you are doing great 😁

At the moment we are working on enabling you to change the address on an invoice/closed bill. We know that at the moment it is a difficult procedure, including working with the rebate functionality. 

Currently, we are looking to fully automate this for you, so that a front desk agent solely needs to worry about the correct address, and not the accounting mystery that goes behind it. 

We have already spoken to accountants in various legal environments to make sure that the proposal is compliant with legal entities such as Germany, Italy, etc. So no worries, we will not exclude anyone to use this eventually 🤗

We are not yet ready to start the beta program (YET - I will update this conversation once we are!), but I would love to speak to a couple of front desk agents/front office supervisors to show our plans, and make sure that what we would like to propose makes their lives as easy as possible. 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you are/your colleague is interested in speaking to us early next week. 

Looking forward to hearing! 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Hello @Nienke Wilbrink 

Could you enable that feature for our property Hotel de la Couronne in demo environment please?

Also, does it work in “symbiosis” already with “credit invoice” feature and “remove items” feature?

I’m having a meeting at the end of the month with the GM of another property using Mews in Namur (Belgium) “The 830” and he specifically asked for that feature to be showed to him and I’m planning on being ready as soon as I can 😁

Thanks in advance for your help and reply

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello Mews Community!

At the moment we are working on enabling you to change the address on an invoice/closed bill. We know that at the moment it is a difficult procedure, including working with the rebate functionality. 

Currently, we are looking to fully automate this for you, so that a front desk agent solely needs to worry about the correct address, and not the accounting mystery that goes behind it. 

We have already spoken to accountants in various legal environments to make sure that the proposal is compliant with legal entities such as Germany, Italy, etc. So no worries, we will not exclude anyone to use this eventually 🤗

We are not yet ready to start the beta program (YET - I will update this conversation once we are!), but I would love to speak to a couple of front desk agents/front office supervisors to show our plans, and make sure that what we would like to propose makes their lives as easy as possible. 

Please feel free to leave a comment if you are/your colleague is interested in speaking to us early next week. 

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Hello @Nienke Wilbrink 

Could you enable that feature for our property Hotel de la Couronne in demo environment please?

Also, does it work in “symbiosis” already with “credit invoice” feature and “remove items” feature?

I’m having a meeting at the end of the month with the GM of another property using Mews in Namur (Belgium) “The 830” and he specifically asked for that feature to be showed to him and I’m planning on being ready as soon as I can 😁

Regards

Stephane

Hi @smehia ,

Thank you for your interest! 

Please be aware that I have enabled the address change and reissue functionality to closed bills/invoices (by creating a credit note) to the demo property just now. 

The flexible corrections (remove items functionality) will work in symbiosis from next week onwards :D So we could put to you up to test this full functionality if you are interested from that moment on :D 

I know of the place Namur, greatly exciting! Looking forward to your feedback! 

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you might have any questions while testing. 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello Mews Community!

Warmest regards, 

Nienke 

Hello @Nienke Wilbrink 

Regards

Stephane

Hi @smehia ,

Thank you for your interest! 

Please be aware that I have enabled the address change and reissue functionality to closed bills/invoices (by creating a credit note) to the demo property just now. 

The flexible corrections (remove items functionality) will work in symbiosis from next week onwards :D So we could put to you up to test this full functionality if you are interested from that moment on :D 

I know of the place Namur, greatly exciting! Looking forward to your feedback! 

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you might have any questions while testing. 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Nienke

Thanks @Nienke Wilbrink 

I will test this out

I’m interrested indeed in testing the full functionality. Keep me posted when it is ready to roll 😁

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 1

Hi Nienke,

is it already possible to activate this feature in the live environment? If yes, would be great if you could do it for the Hotel Andante in Rust.

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Nienke,

is it already possible to activate this feature in the live environment? If yes, would be great if you could do it for the Hotel Andante in Rust.

Thank you!

Hi @andante ,

Thank you for your interest testing this functionality! 

I have taken a look and with your accounting software, we have already done testing with Omniboost and so I would be happy to enable your property too :) 

Shall I go ahead and enable the Hotel Andante in Rust?

Hope to hear your confirmation! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 1

Hi Nienke,

yes, you can enable it :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Nienke,

yes, you can enable it :)

Hi @andante ,

Please be informed that the functionality has been enabled to your live environment. It is important to be reminded to set up your counter title for the credit note prior to starting the testing. 

Looking forward to your feedback!
Warmest, 

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@smehia @Marcel 

I trust this message finds you both well! 

Exciting news: we've progressed to live testing of Address Change for properties using "receivable tracking".

Are you ready to proceed with testing in your live environment?

Looking forward to your response!

Best regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 1

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

thanks for adding it to our live environment. After testing it, I have 3 suggestions:

1. It would be great, if there is a preview function of the changes. When I click on the change button, change the address then I have to click the “issue invoice” button but I cannot see the changes before.
  2. I have a customer with 2 addresses, but it couldn’t find them in that part of the system. So I had to manually add this address.
  3. In our old PMS it was possible to change the address on closed invoices without creating a credit note and reissuing the invoice. So I guess, this is not really needed in Germany. Would be cool, if the user can decide to just change the address on the existing bill or to do the reissueing.
Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@smehia @Marcel 

Exciting news: we've progressed to live testing of Address Change for properties using "receivable tracking".

Best regards,

Nienke

Hello @Nienke Wilbrink 

Yeah sure why not, go ahead 😉

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

thanks for adding it to our live environment. After testing it, I have 3 suggestions:

1. It would be great, if there is a preview function of the changes. When I click on the change button, change the address then I have to click the “issue invoice” button but I cannot see the changes before.
  2. I have a customer with 2 addresses, but it couldn’t find them in that part of the system. So I had to manually add this address.
  3. In our old PMS it was possible to change the address on closed invoices without creating a credit note and reissuing the invoice. So I guess, this is not really needed in Germany. Would be cool, if the user can decide to just change the address on the existing bill or to do the reissueing.

Hi @andante ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback! 

1. I will note this down, however have not heard a high need for this preview before, as there is the address change could be viewed as a preview. But let me keep this in mind for when similar feedback arrises for it to be prioritised potentially. 
  2. We will be showing the latest updated completed address for the company at the moment indeed, not all addresses currently can be previewed. 
  3. This is possible with the accounting configuration option “Allow modifying closed bills” which you can enable if allowed in your legal environment. However, as far as I am aware; this is not compliant in the German environment. 

Hope to have sufficiently informed you and thank you so much again for sharing your insights with me! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@smehia @Marcel 

Best regards,

Nienke

Hello @Nienke Wilbrink 

Regards

Stephane

Hi Stephane,

Thank you for your reply! 

Please be informed that I have enabled the full functionality in your environment for all users with Rebate user permission to utilise. 

I would recommend to firstly make sure the counter set up for your credit notes are set up as your wishes prior to testing this with actual bills/invoices. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me in case you might have any questions or concerns. 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@smehia @Marcel 

Best regards,

Nienke

Hello @Nienke Wilbrink 

Regards

Stephane

Hi Stephane,

Thank you for your reply! 

Please be informed that I have enabled the full functionality in your environment for all users with Rebate user permission to utilise. 

I would recommend to firstly make sure the counter set up for your credit notes are set up as your wishes prior to testing this with actual bills/invoices. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me in case you might have any questions or concerns. 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Thank you @Nienke Wilbrink 

Sure will do 😉

Regards

Stephane

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello everyone! 
Hope you are doing great :D 

I would like to share with you that we are getting ready to release this functionality this month (April) in the DACH and Benelux region, to be followed by all other regions in the beginning of May. 

Please feel free to take a look at this pre-release note for your insight:

https://releases.mews.com/en/flexible-open_bill-corrections-for-a-faster-error_free-checkout-experience

I would also like to use this as an opportunity to thank you all for your insights the past months! You have been invaluable in developing this feature 👏

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

This is great news - it makes billing so much easier, quicker and user-friendly! Thanks for all your efforts. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello everyone! 
Hope you are doing great :D 

I would like to share with you that we are getting ready to release this functionality with the aim to making the lives of many front desk agents easier in the upcoming week globally!*

Warmest,

Nienke

*Except in US, Italy Spain, Portugal, Basque Region.