Changing address + Reinstating after closing an invoice/closed bill

Show first post

99 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Nienke, 

For sure we would be interested in testing this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

I would certainly like to test this.

Would it be possible to only allow this with a certain employee permission?

Warm regards from Bruges,

Matthias

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thank you @Milou and @MatthiasH for your swift reply! 

I will keep you updated via either email or here in the community :) 

---

To get back to your comment @MatthiasH, would you be able to give me more information about why this is needed and as well who should get this permission and why? Looking forward to hearing!

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thank you @Milou and @MatthiasH for your swift reply! 

I will keep you updated via either email or here in the community :) 

---

To get back to your comment @MatthiasH, would you be able to give me more information about why this is needed and as well who should get this permission and why? Looking forward to hearing!

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Hi Nienke,

Absolutely! For me it would only be during the testing phase until we're sure that everything is working as it should (reporting and accounting wise). Once we can confirm that everything is working well, all staff with invoicing/payment privileges can be included in the testing. If no special permission will be added, we can instruct staff on our end.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Nienke Wilbrink 

Great to hear that this feature is doing process.

Of course we are ready to test this whenever your ready

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

happy to help and test in any way that we can.

Glad to give it a spin once possible.

Greetings,

Eric

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

hope your doing well. 

Do you have any update in here? We are excited to test this feature asap😎

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @MatthiasH @Eric Kröll @Egon Lagrou @barb00sa  @Linus.Bihn @Milou@Mariusz Siwkowski@c.rex  and others,

Thank you Linus for your question above! 

And sure thing, I’m happy to share an update with you with regards to this 😁

We have been working on building the flow (starting off with address change), but also to eventually be moving towards item changes in the future for closed bills and invoices. 

We have kicked off testing with Accounting software partners and internal testing. Our next step would be to start testing in Demo environments. For this, we will need your help 👼🏻 Would you please be able to let me know if you would be interested in testing the feature in your demo? If so, would you please be able to leave your demo account NAME. 

We are not fully ready to kick off testing yet, as we are finalising some key points still, but I will be able to already have you testing the feature to share initial feedback on the first parts of the product. 

What is ready to be tested?

• Does the billing address change flow makes sense to you?
  • Is the flow is communicated clearly enough? Is it clear what is happening on the background?
  • The linked bills are shown correctly on the dashboard and bill preview, and is this sufficient?
  • When using a Cash Payment this is done correctly and showing clear enough?
  • Reporting of items and payment is correctly

What is not yet ready?

• Card payments are not yet ready to be tested. 
  • Printed bills are not yet ready to be tested. 

If you have any feedback, please feel free to reach out to me via a private message 😃

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke

Userlevel 4

Hi Nienke, we would like to test the feature @ paulinenhof Demo

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Nienke Wilbrink

Enable it at any time :-) for this demo  → Styles Hotel Frankfurt Airport 2

@c.rex 

I think our effort/push is now getting heard and reality 😂

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi Nienke,

Glad to hear that we’ve reached the testing fase.

Please enable it for us as well.

Demo account: The Pand Hotel
Name of demo is same as the main account.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @MatthiasH @Linus.Bihn @c.rex ,

Thank you for your interest in testing this new functionality!

Please be informed that I have enabled it to the Demo accounts as requested :) 

I am greatly looking forward to your feedback! As mentioned previously, this is still a feature worked on and is not finalised yet. 

What I would love to focus on in this stage is the functionality the address change offers and the flexibility of it, and the reporting of items and payments (not yet card payments). For more information, please refer to my message above. 

Unsure how to start?

1. Create a reservation
  2. Close the bill with a payment or issue an invoice
  3. Find this button:

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions you might have! Please feel free to send me your feedback either in an email or with a direct message here in the community.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Nienke Wilbrink

Thanks for activating in our demo 

1. I have done some tests but the blling adress doesnt get changed. Meaning the new corrected invoice does not provide the new company details. Or is this due to any different layout settings in dem? You can find the 2 samples in our demo. Feel free to reach out or send a mail in any questions
  2. Does this only work if the profile have a full adress?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@Nienke Wilbrink

1. I have done some tests but the blling adress doesnt get changed. Meaning the new corrected invoice does not provide the new company details. Or is this due to any different layout settings in dem? You can find the 2 samples in our demo. Feel free to reach out or send a mail in any questions

Hi @Linus.Bihn ,

Thank you for testing the feature. 

It seems indeed that you have found a bug in the form unfortunately. 

We will look into the functionality once again with the team of developers :) 

To my understanding:

Would you expect the form of address change to work similarly to the form you see in the screen recording below?

Hope to hear! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink 

we would also like to test the feature in one of our demos: harry’s home Telfs

Greetings, Eric

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Nienke Wilbrink

Hi @Linus.Bihn ,

To my understanding:

Would you expect the form of address change to work similarly to the form you see in the screen recording below?

Hope to hear! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Hey @Nienke Wilbrink ,

thats why we are here at BETA Tester Group. 

The way of changing the owner/billing adress is good as it is yet in the demo. 

Let me know when this is fixed so we cant test further 😎

Best Linus

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink 

we would also like to test the feature in one of our demos: harry’s home Telfs

Greetings, Eric

Hi Eric,

I have enabled the feature in the demo account :) 

Looking forward to your feedback! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

We would love to test this functionality as well. Could you please add our Zien Group demo environment to the test?

Thanks,

Roy

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

We would love to test this functionality as well. Could you please add our Zien Group demo environment to the test?

Thanks,

Roy

Hi Roy,

Thank you for your comment! Please be informed that I have added your property to the feature :) 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Warmest

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @MatthiasH @Eric Kröll @Egon Lagrou @barb00sa  @Linus.Bihn @Milou@Mariusz Siwkowski@c.rex  and others,

Hope you are all well! 

Apart from address change, we are working on reinstate invoice/closed bill, that will create a credit note and an open bill that can be edited as any normal open bill :D (More info on that soon!

A quick question on the “Reinstate invoice” (this would include address changes) is whether that would need a new permission or should it be under the same permission as “Rebate order items”?

Warmest,

Nienke

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hope you are all well! 

Apart from address change, we are working on reinstate invoice/closed bill, that will create a credit note and an open bill that can be edited as any normal open bill :D (More info on that soon!

A quick question on the “Reinstate invoice” (this would include address changes) is whether that would need a new permission or should it be under the same permission as “Rebate order items”?

Warmest,

Nienke

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

this can stay under the same permission as both includes correction of closed bills. 

I’d keep it simple & clean

Best Linus

Userlevel 2
Badge

I agree with Linus, I would keep it the same as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink,

I would also agree with both Linus & Roy.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Nienke Wilbrink

Hi @Linus.Bihn ,

To my understanding:

Hope to hear! 

Warmest,

Nienke

Hi @Nienke Wilbrink ,

hope your doing well! Did Dev already fixed the bug and we can go ahead with testing? Would be great if this feature can be released asap. Our hotels struggle with the current situation which is very time intensive.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Linus.Bihn,

Currently this is being solved and should be solved within 2 weeks. We are currently also testing the payments internally, to be tested by you and other properties as well in the same time-span. 

My team is fully focused currently to get this feature to you as soon as possible :) I will keep you updated in this channel for any further testing that can be done. 

Hope to have sufficiently informed you and thank you for your patience on this! 

Warmest regards,

Nienke